labia minora

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

labia minora

I'm going to be 18 years old in about a week and for as long as I can remember I've had very large proturding labia minoras. I am very self concious about this but my boyfriend of 2 years doesn't seem to mind. He's never said anything about it, but I am so embarassed to let him see or touch it (even though he has). I know there is a surgery for it called labiaplasty but I would rather not get surgery, and I know it ranges from about $3,500-$6,000. I've never even brought this uncomfortable subject up to my mom, even going to the gynecologist is embarassing! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on the planet with an ugly vagina, but I see all these posts about girls with the same problem. What should I do! It's really starting to alter my sex life, to the point where I don't want to get undressed anymore. Please help!
Love your body!!!  Every woman is so different, and so is every vagina.  I'm sure that it feels just as good to your boyfriend as any other vagina, so I wouldn't stress it.  A man should love you for YOU, big labia minora and all.  I know this sounds funny, but I'm really being serious here.  I hate so many things about my body - it's normal to be self conscious.  But I try to just accept myself and love my body.  God gave you the body he gave you.  Focus on the attributes about yourself that you love.  You will make love just the same as anyone else, you will be able to have a baby just the same as anyone else...so don't worry about the size, shape, or color of your vagina or its components.  There are probably even men who PREFER big labia minora!  And at the end of the day, if you really want to have surgery, then go for it....it's your body, and nobody else can tell you what to do.  I wouldn't mess with that area though just for fear of messing up nerves or sensation.  But it is totally a personal decision.  And If you are almost 18, then your parents don't even need to know about you going to the dr. or plastic surgeon!  So, next time you get undressed, think about all the things about your body that you DO love and try not to even think about your labia minora!
Your right and I do love my body other than that one aspect. And of course it is an important aspect to me I heard all these guys make fun of girls who has "roast beef" vaginas. And I always think to myself OMG THATS ME! but I never say anything I just go along with it and reply with "ew thats gross" haha. But I suppose your right if my partner doesn't seem to mind or make me feel uncomfortable about it I shouldn't either. And that would reallly alter my sex life if I got surgery and my sensations were deminished. Thanks for your advice, everyone is indeed made differently.
Guys in the happy position of looking labia in the face are NOT critiquing their appearance, they are congratulating themselves on their luck that they are going to "get some."  (99% of the joking about roast beef is among immature bozos who wish they were getting some and go home and masturbate thinking of roast beef.)  Believe me, the phrase "big labia" is NOT a turnoff to men.  Labia look very different on different women, some can practically be tied into a knot.  It's not what you got, it's what you do with it, that counts.  Hop into bed with enthusiasm and the guy will be DELIGHTED with every aspect of how you look.
your absolutely right as well when I read these comments it makes me feel better but when I look in the mirror I get self concious and depressed again. but whatever I guess I'm going to hang to live with it :\
There is nothing ugly about it women with large labia are sexier than women with lil lips the bigger the sexier and more arousing to me!!! Tommy from ***@****
as for me i am 72 and i love a women with the bigness down there, bwause i can really set her on fire. I just love to eat ______ and that is the truth. The woman really does enjoy it alot better than haveing a small one.
dont worry i have the same problem.. mines longer too. and i actually thought i was the only person in the world that had this problem but i actually dont.. good luck to u.. but for me i am going to save up money and get the surgery because i am self confinedce and my body needs to be perfect.. and when i went to the doctors they said i didnt need the surgery i broke down and cried.. i wasnt myself i lost weight because of this.. i am only 17 and ill be 18 in october ..I am also scared to have sex becuase of the extra skin ..i am not going to untill i have surgery.. i always asked god why me ?
I have a long labia too.. And I'm really self concious of it.. I try to ignore it and it doesn't really stop me from doing things with guys.. I'm just scared to have sex because apperently it will stretch and get bigger? also I was wondering what do other people do when you guys are wearing baithing suits? I feel like I have to like tuck it in so it's flat.
What does guys think ?? I had saw on the internet and they was totally Disgusted
mine
mine is big bt my guy lov it. am very proud of myself. i love my body the way it is