lack of milk for newborn
i am needing to know if there is any medicine  or vitiamin or a shot that i can take that will jump start my milk flow again   i nursed my son and he is 7 weeks old and it seems that my milk is drying up?  I appreciate any ideas or answers thank you and have a blessed day.
What makes you think that your milk is drying up?  If your baby is unsettled it may be that he's uncomfortable or alternatively he's going through a developmental stage - you may find he starts doing something new in the next few days.  How many wet nappies does he have.  If it's 5 heavily wet disposables or 6-8 cloth (or more) in 24 hours then that's fine.  It tells you that the amount of milk he's getting is enough.

To increase your supply, the best way to do that is to feed more often.  How often is your baby feeding?  You probably need to fit in about 8 breastfeeds in 24 hours (and maybe an extra one at night if you can).  You only need to fit in one extra feed a day to increase your supply.  This can be done by offering a top up feed half an hour or so after you have fed.

You can express after a feed as well to help increase your supply.

Also is your letdown reflex being inhibited at all?  Are you stressed about anything.  If you are anxious and worrying it can stop your milk from flowing as fast so relaxing and thinking about milk or water flowing can help.  Also warming your breast ie having a warm shower before feeding or just using warm/hot face washers on your breasts before a feed.

If you need medications to increase your supply you can start with herbal ones like fenugreek or blessed thistle.  You can get these from a health food store or a naturopath, or a pharmacy (you may even find them at a supermarket).

Otherwise you can go to your doctor and get a prescription for domperiodone.  That's probably doing to be the most effective.

However if you do decide to take a medicine you still need to feed more frequently to get your supply up.  A medication can only do so much.

Here's some more info on increasing your milk supply http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/supply.html