ladies any advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

ladies any advice

I'm a 31yr old cashier and i was robbed at 2:30 am this morning. I typically work 3rd shift from 11pm-7am. any advice on how to deal with this and get back to work as quickly as possible?
I agree, I would talk to your employer about switching shifts or maybe seeing some sort of therapist to cope with the stress.  It is a hazard that comes with being a cashier and they should have some protocols and procedures to help you cope with being robbed.  I'm so sorry this happened to you, are you in a high crime area or city?  Did they catch the guy/girl?  Maybe you could ask for a raise due to the stress of it happening again....Just trying to look on the bright side.  Keep your spirits up and let us know how it goes.
Is your week off work compensated for?  It might be considered workman's compensation since you were "mentally" injured on the job.  Something to look into if you're not getting paid for it.  It's very normal to feel like they would hit the same store again, they would be stupid to, but I don't think you need a phd to be a criminal.  Does your store have video surveilance to protect you if he does come back?  You might insist they provide it if they want you to work there again.  My thoughts are with you and I hope this is just a learning experience for you, one that you don't have to endure again.
thanks for all the advice. I went to my family dr this morning and she put me out of work for a week and on xanax 3 times daily as needed. I think the idea of a therapist or counselor might be a good option for me also. I do know they think this guy that robbed me this morning is connected to a string of other robberies in connecting cities. I guess my biggest fear is that he will come back .
Everyone is different, try not to dwell on the event, but don't hide from the thoughts.  I would talk to the local police to see if this is part of a series of crimes, do all the extra mesures to be safe.  Sad to say, things of this nature occur...you probably need to work 3rd, not to say it won't happen again, but lightning gererally does not often strike twice.  It is okay to be shook up and okay to be freaked, allow yourself to feel.
my week off is being payed, and we do have cameras but as i learned yesterday from the officers viewing it, it appears they focus more on the cashiers than on anyone else in the store. I talked with my manager this morning and told her i would not return to work until i knew there was better survellence set up and that i knew i would not be placed on 3rd shift by myself again. I have been through a sexual assault trauma back in 2004 and was just starting to feel like i was ok again and back on track with the emotional issues from it, then this had to happen. I feel at times like i'm destined to go through these things. As i told a co-worker last week when another local store was robbed, "it will surely happen when i'm on duty if it happens here". I'm lucky enough to have close family and friends that are there for me and being suportive of me but i can't get the mental movie to stop replaying in my head.