laproscopy and pelviscopy surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

laproscopy and pelviscopy surgery

can anyone help me im having laproscopy surgery tommorrow along with pelviscopy surgery.  has anyone had this type of surgery and how painful is it.. will i be on feet within 3 days??
they will removing a blood cist the size of a pear and im having my left ovaries removed along with my fallipion tube.
someone out there that had this procedures please advise.
thanks..browneyes
i had the laproscopic surgery done twice, and the first time they removed an ovary and a bunch of scar tissue, and i was on my feet after the second day, the second time i had it done was for a hysterectomy so that recovery was a little longer. they will make 3 very small incisions and insert a camera into your abdomen, they blow your tummy up with gas and that can be pretty uncomfortable, if you have ever had a problem with anesthesia, i highly recommend you ask your anesthesiologist for the scolpamine patch, it works to control the nausea, it goes on behind your ear and can stay there for up to 3 days. good luck to you and let me knw how it went when u feel up to it
mallory
I had laproscopy done twice also, the first was to remove my gallbladder, and the second to remove a cyct on my ovary. The first I was very sick from yhe morphine they gave me. The second was MUCH better, I had the cyst removed and she also found endometriosis, so the adhesions that were there were burned off. I was almost 100% the second day. Even with the first I was really sick and within 3-4 days I was ok. I didn't have that much pain, it wasn't anything I couldn't handle, I didn't have to take the pain meds that long. Good Luck!
I am scheduled to have a pelviscopy on October 30, I may be on my period does it make a differnce?