large knot under my right jaw bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

large knot under my right jaw bone

Hi my name is Donna and I am 34 years old.I  have a large knot under my Jaw bone maybe two knots because it feels like it is connected to my jawbone and there is another knot or maybe it's the same one but it is hard and it roles around under my chin.The knot and my jaw bone hurts .
I take alot of medication because of other health problems (Thoracic degenerative disc disease, Osteoarthritis in all of my joints, Nerve damage and also have asthma.) I live in constant pain I have to take strong pain killers. My point is that if I can feel the pain from this knot and my jaw bone through all the medication I take then I feel like its a huge problem , Please let me know what you think about these knots. I am so scared ! Cancer runs in my family very strong, My cousin died 4 days ago of cancer and she was only 39 years old, I have another cousin of mine about a year ago they found out that she had cancer of her thyroids. My Grandparents both passed away from cancer . MY Aunt also died a few years ago from Breast Cancer. Please help if you can . Thanks
It sounds like it may be a swollen lymph node which are glands that fight infection. Have you had a cold or sore throat lately. I'd make an appt with the dr to be sure, but that's what it sounds like to me.
Cancer is a silent killer, so the pain doesn't seem to fit with that. Go see your doctor and request a CA125 blood test. This will tell you if you have cancer antigens. Try a ear,nose and throat doctor - and ask them to order the test. So that you can kill two birds with one stone.

I am so sorry to hear that your cousins passed away. How stressful this must be for you. Everything will be ok, just see the doctor.

Keep us posted

Thank You for the Advice