large lump on panty line

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

large lump on panty line

I have this large, grape size lump under the skin on my panty line.  It has been quite painful and large in size.  I recently stuck a pin in it and a large amount of fluid came out.  It has not gone down in size and I had to stick the pin in it again which more fluid came out.  Any ideas what this could be and how to get it to GO AWAY!!!
Could it be a large pimple or boil? That's what it sounds like to me. Or even an infected ingrown hair.
It may be a pimple. But also, google bartholins cyst. I am not sure about the spelling. Try a warm compress, instead of poking at it. You don't want it to become infected.
When you poke it what color is the fluid?  If it's clear then it isn't a boil or a pimple.  Most likely wouldn't be ingrown hair if it's clear either.  Might be a cyst.  STOP poking it.  Warm compress it for a few days and see if it goes down, if it still hurts or it hurts too much get it checked out.
Bartholins Glands are on the inside sides of the vagina.

She sounds like she's got a boil going on for sure if she can stick a pin in and have pus come out.  

Here is some information on boils and how to treat them:

http://www.healthy-skin-guide.com/boil-treatment.html

If its painful and really swollen they have topical antibiotics to apply on them.

Ouch!
UGH! Do not stick a pin in it unless you have boiled it for 10 minutes or so - that will give you a wicked infection!

Having said that - I really have no idea what that would be, given the location. You need to get it looked at. Bartholin glands are located on either side of the vaginal opening.

What colour is the lump? Is it red or inflamed or flesh coloured? I think you will need to have it looked at.
I get them when I shave down yander. I have tried many things to stop it . Do you shave? Little personal, I know. I just leave them be and they go away. Whan I shave i put vasoline on. I also use bikini zone,but when I run out i go for the vasoline. I don't wear panties till it all dries and soaks in. The panties rub it and aggrivate's the skin. Also, it could be an ingrown hair.
The fluid is clear and streaked with blood.  It's not puss.  It just feels hard now, not squishy like it was before.  It is still grape size and is on the crease of my leg where the leg meets the rest.  I guess you could consider that the panty line.
I had one years ago.  It got really big and turned purple, and was very painful to walk.  I went to the Dr. and had it lanced.  They of course sent it to a lab just to be sure nothing serious was going on, but turned out it was just an ingrown hair.  To this day I still have a mark there from where it was.  
I have had a spot/lump like this a couple of times, that hurt soo bad it would almost take my breath away when it was bumped... I tried everything... from squeezing it to poking it with a pin... even went to the dr. and he said to just let it heal, that it was an ingrown hair... never healed on its own though... then my grandma told me about this drawing sav, called Prid, you can get it at any drugstore... they usually keep it behind the counter it comes in an orange container that looks like a round pill box and stuff it a brownish sticky substance.  It works WONDERS!!!  apply it to your bump about 3 times a day and maybe cover it with a bandaid depending on what you are wearing seeing as this stuff is sticky and in about 3 days it will bring that ingrown hair right out... trust me... it really works... then just pluck the hair with a pair of clean tweasers adn you will be all healed up!  Let me know how it works for you...
I've been getting infected ingrown hairs my entire life but they always went away with a hot compress about 5 times a day if you have the time and alcohol swabs about 5 times a day as well....but one time a few months ago the hot compresses we're making it get bigger and bigger and more and more painful while making the bump feel squishy squishy her so I thought it was getting better. then one day I woke up and I could barely even get out of bed it hurt so bad so I went to the ER and the doctor said thatif the hot compress and alcohol swapping didn't heal it within 5 days then you should always get it checked out because it can cause blood infections which never go away. he lands that and gave me antibiotics and it immediately felt better within half an hour. hey said that next time this happens too do exactly what I was doing with the compresses on the alcohol swabs but also don't wear any underwear and keep it is dry and aired out as possible and then if it doesn't go away within 5 days to get it checked outfor any kind of serious infection. W I would definitely take this advice because when he lands did that first 5 minutes of infection coming out was almost unbearable with the dizziness and nausea that came with it....