large mons pubis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

large mons pubis

I have a fatty mons pubis I have been to a few doctors and they all tell me its not that big a deal & not worth worrying about. They have no idea whats its like to live with this problem! It affects my everyday life,even down to having dreams about it. When a doc seen me a while ago she thought I needed psychological help, it was almost like a slap in the face! I feel people don't understand what its like to live with this and it is one of those things you cant ask people for their opinion its way to embarrassing! I have been to a few specialists and had no luck in finding a solution. Is there anyone who has had this procedure done in Aust? what is involved medically, complications and costing?
Hi and welcome.  Nope, no procedure for this.  It's just part of life.  Some people have a big nose, some have a big gut, you have what you have and that is just life.  We have to accept ourselves.  Everyone is different and needs to find inner peace with who they are and what they look like.  

The reason why they have told you to seek some psychiatric help for this is because of the obsessive thought you are having regarding it.  And the anxiety.  While we all have things we don't care for on our body----  you are beyond that point.  You are even thinking about this so much that it has infiltrated your dreams.  THAT is what they are suggesting you need help with.  The obsession.  And I do agree with them.

good luck
Getting psychological help (in your case therapy, not meds) doesn't mean you're crazy.  This condition really bothers you, and you feel like you can't talk to anyone about it (at least not anyone you know).  A therapist is there to listen and not be judgmental, and can help you work through your feelings on it and eventually learn to accept it instead of obsessing.  A good therapist will be good at listening and empathizing and helping you feel understood.  

I know how hard it can be to actually go see a mental health professional because of the stigma surrounding it, but it's often the case that once you go, you're kicking yourself for not going sooner.
Hi Hurshy, Look I have found something that may just interest you, seems you can get some plastic surgary, I will PM you the link.
Good Luck
I had mine reduced by tumescent liposuction.  Simple and relatively pain free. I was awake during procedure and was given pain and relaxing meds.  Its very common procedure and only cost 1,000.00.