WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
late period + abdominal cramps for a week
by confuseddddd, Mar 13, 2007
i've been really worried for the past couple of weeks. my period is late and i've recently stopped using the pill. mainly just because i didn't fill my next prescription because I was swamped with work and school.
For the past week or so i've had abdominal cramps and pains like you would get before your period..but no period has come. I also have very heavy vaginal secretions... which feel like it could be my period.. and I check and it's not.
maybe i should just get a pregnancy test and see for myself, but i was wondering what else it could be before I scared myself with that.
Member Comments (72)
by tmv, Mar 13, 2007
It could just be your hormones fluctuating from the discontinuing of the pill, but you should check with a preg. test. Use the first urine of the morning for more accuracy. I had cramping with both of my pregnancy's but it subsided after a few weeks. It's those nasty hormones, again. Good luck to you and How long since your period was due?
by tmv, Mar 13, 2007
Well, hard to say unless you take a test. But if you had unprotected sex after you quit taking the pill it's possible. How long have you been off the pill? It could also be your stress, too.
by confuseddddd, Mar 13, 2007
its been about a week. it may be psychological but i feel like i am bloated too.           you think i'm pregnant?
by confuseddddd, Mar 14, 2007
k im going to get a pregnancy test. cuz i'm pretty sure i am
by tmv, Mar 14, 2007
Best of luck to you. I'm sure things will work out either way. If it's negative in the morning, you may wait a few more days and retest if your period hasn't began.  Keep us posted. This is a wonderful support forum.
by alaina2, Feb 03, 2008
i am so confused i am a month and a half late for my period which are regular i have taken three hpt and they all say negative. my stomach is bloated but kinda hard my nipples are more erect and bigger, i have headaches, get warm and cold, pee more than usual am tired all the time and crave healthy food weird. i am wondering is it possible for some women to not show up on the hpt unitl a few months. occasionally get sharp/cramps also any info would be helpful thanks
                                                       confused in florida
by shortii, Apr 14, 2008
I am going through the same thing right now too, im 18 me and my boyfriend do have unprotected sex cause we are kinda trying for a baby. But i was supposed to get my period on the 6th and now im two weeks late. i have had mild cramping pains in my lower stomach, very tired, and i get hot fashes... and i am very moody over nothing most of the time... i have taken two pregnancy tests and they come back negative. so im not sure if i am or not i am gonna take another test...but anyone have any advice???

_DANA_
by MaryBeth406, Jun 24, 2008
I have the same thing cramps, tender breasts, bloating 2.5 weeks late, sweating and have taken a bunch of preg tests and am neg. YES you can be preg as i did not show up on the pee test until i was almost 2.5 months late with my first child. Its hard if you have been trying w/o success to wait to find out. I feel like i am preg now and hope to be but with lots of stress that cabe a factor..

Mary
by dans_gurl_17, Jun 25, 2008
i have the same too...i get cramps and i feel so sick sometimes but what scared me most was when i had my period for like 4 days that i went to the beach a couple days after i got it and i went to the bathroom and blood came out not a lot but it scared me...I still get cramps and i go pee a lot and i am always tired!! i am scared am i pregnant? can ANY ONE help? should i take a preg. test? or am is it jus meesing with my HEAD!!??