Women's Health Community
late period, cramps, backache, pregnant?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

late period, cramps, backache, pregnant?

so, I'm often late on having my period, then aunt flow comes with a vengeance. and usually I get those cramps that let me know todays the day, prepare yourself. except, this month, I began having those tell tale cramps 2 days prior to my scheduled start, and now its 5 days late and there's still mild cramping with a very distinct lower back pain. normal discharge, normal mood swings but no af. I'm trying not to think about being pregnant, because I know I'll simply stress myself into being even later than I already am. but at what point should I bite the bullet and take an HPT? I've also been having pains in my lower ribs. this month was very stressful and I began a new job that's more physically demanding than I've ever worked before, am I being an idiot blaming these problems simply on stress? I was on birthcontrol for about 6 months except this month I couldn't afford the refill, so I monitored ovulation and planned intercourse around that with about 3 days cushioning on either end. we only had sex twice! should I be prepared for what could be a baby on the way?