late period and negative pregnancy tests

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

hi, i'm a 20 year old girl and i was on the pill (Yaz) for a year. i stopped it on the 15th august and got my period on that day. with the pill, my cycle was approx. 29 days and before the pill it was really irregular. now, it seems i'm 7 days late i.e. already day 35 of menstrual "cycle" and yesterday i took a pregnancy test , (i practice safe sex ), and the result was negative. i'm not getting any of the symptoms i used to get before my period i.e. cramps, headaches or back ache. i'm really scared and unsure of what's going on.
Dog
It can take your body a while to re  regulate your cycles after coming off the pill.  Give it time, try not to stress out, and if you don't get your period within 60 days go see the Dr.  

The pill sets you up with a 'false' cycle - it's not your real hormones creating the cycle.  Once you stop taking the pill hormones, your body needs to respond to the hormones it produces which means a different cycle.
Delayed or missed period is known as amenorrhea. Apart from pregnancy, there are many other reasons for a delayed period. The other causes are hormonal imbalance like in PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), stress, obesity, malnutrition, anemia, hypothyroidism, illness, etc.

You should get all these causes ruled out from a gynecologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

hi, i need some advicee. my husband and i have been ttc for 3 months iv been having a 31 day cycle. i am 4 days late and got a negative test result 3days late. i havnt tested today as i know hcg levels double every 2days. i have no signs of period coming! im not expecting to be pregnant as i don't want to get my hopes up. i know these things take time so i am very relaxed about it all! please help!
thanks a lot for your advice and time. I finally went to the gynae and it was just my hormones messing up. she prescribed a different pill this time so hopefully it will regulate everything again with minimal side effects.