later found out pregnant after negative blood and urine tests?.............
Simple question here, has anyone ever had a negative blood test and negative urine test and went on with their daily routine and a month or so later found out you were in fact pregnant while having ultrasound done. If this has happened to anyone or perhaps someone you know, please respond, I'd appreciate the information. Thanks.

ms_smiles
I personally did not have this happen.  However, I have been reading alot of different discussion forums and have found a couple of people that have said this did happen to them.  One of them had been pregnant 2 times already.  

I have only had negative urine tests so far.  I go to the doctor next week - so they will probably do a blood test then.  The first day of my last period was May 31st.  I am 31 and never have missed a period before. I am now going on missing another period.  

This is crazy that this happens to so many women and there is no explanation except for stress.
Thank you so much for your response. At least now I don't feel like I'm going crazy. My period now is 21 days late with no bleeding, spotting or anything, but these test keep saying negative. I guess I'll wait it out and let another month or so go by and see what happens. Again, thanks for your response.

Ms_smiles
this is going on with me right now i just posted a topic too im 28 days late and all the urine tests are coming out negative but i have many signs i dont know whats going on with me right noe
Well yall, I went to take my bath this morning and noticed some lil clear liquid coming out of my right breast nipple. I am having more and more symptoms everyday. I called the doctor and they sat me up for an appointment way in September. I guess they wanna make sure I don't see no period at all for the whole month of August and the beginning of September. I already know I'm not gonna see anything cause I don't have any feeling at all in my body that a period is even trying to come. I guess we all just have to take it one day at a time, cause at this point, I guess that only time will tell. I do remember reading on another message board where this girl said that her doctor told her that this happens to 30% of women. He said that they get negative results in blood and urine until about the 4th month before it starts to show positive. That kinda gave me some hope there. So, I guess as long as we don't see no blood whatsoever, that's a positive sign in itself that pregnancy is a possibility!! Let's keep the faith yall!

ms_smiles
ak2
I am going through the said thing here  If Im not Prego what is rong with me? I try to tell myself im not but cant shake the feelings or nausa I have been bloted for weeks  I have taken 7 hpts and a blood test all negitive. Im glad others are going through the same things I keep thinking well if i have all the symtoms i have to be pregnant. But if the hormons are not there how do i have all the symtoms?
I do feel better since I see now that so many other women out there are going through the same thing. I have been feeling bloated for weeks as well, and also having all of the nausea and every other symptom you can name. I am just wondering how long it's gonna take for these hormones to start showing up in my urine and blood. I know some ladies say that it took them to about their 4th month before they got a positive result. My period is now 4 weeks late and it's been 8 weeks since my last period, so I know something should have been showing up by now, right?

ms_smiles
ak2
I feel the same way my doctor said that we are going to be doing a battary of test to find out what is going on with me. I know that others didnt have it till 4 months but its so hard to belive that it could happen to me. I am now starting to think im just imaging it ( I know I,m not.) I feel crasy to even think i prego.
Girl don't feel like you going crazy. Do like me, as long as you don't see a period, and the doctors don't diagnose anything else being the problem, just treat yourself as a pregnant woman and time will surely tell. That's what my mom and brother told me and I am trying so hard to chill, but it gets hard sometimes not to wonder, ya know?

ms_smiles
ak2
your tellin me every one is sayn dont worry well becouse i look on the net for people that are going through the same thing as me then i worry? If they dont know what you are going through who are they to judge? I had a light "period" for 2 days no cramps my doctor even thoght i was prego, we will see right. My sister is just found out she was prego about 6 weeks the same as i would be if these feeling are true. I have the same symtoms as her. I had them even before she did.
you all are not alone! I will be 3 weeks late tomorrow. Taken 5 hpt all neg. I feel pregnant, especially this last week. Bloated, fatigued, swollen breast, leaky breasts, backache, headache, nasuea, heartburn. I don't know what else could make me feel this way. I do remember with my first son i didn't find out until i was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant. I took an hpt at a week late which was negative, didn't test again until nearly a month later. I wasn't as anxious back then to learn that i was pregnant. I have no insurance now, so its just a waiting game. I am going to have to wait 2 weeks this time before I test again. Can't afford a test until after payday.
ak2
i have a little boy so i know what you are talkin about i get the streching feeling in my abs and in my scar I hope every thing works out for you
Hi Ak2, just wanted to respond to your post. It's been 8 weeks since my last period and on yesterday it made 4 weeks that my period is late that was suppose to come on last month. This Saturday will be my second period missed. Now you know these doctors need to be telling me something by now, especially with all of the negative urine tests I've had over the past few weeks. The last blood test I took a few weeks ago was negative too, they claim it probably was too early to detect then. He wants me to come back in a couple weeks. Day before yesterday when I went in, all he told me is that the lining of my uterus was really thick, and I know that happens when you're pregnant to nourish and protect the baby while it's in there ya know, but he didn't tell me much else. They keep giving me the run around. Last nite I started to have the lil sharp pains in my stomach that you get when your uterus is stretching and everything. It almost felt like that same feeling you get in your stomach right before the baby gets ready to kick, if you've been pregnant before. I'm having too many symptoms, just praying to find something out really soon.

ms_smiles
ak2
I is so hard to wait to! but You would spend the money and the doc would say it is neg. Well the good news is that our bodys will take care of it and we really dont need the + test. I hope you the best well keep us posted at lest one oof us will be able to figure it out.
ak2
on another  site i saw a girl that had her period though her hole prenancy. This site is good if we still chat others will start to no feel alone and will see our journey through this, what ever it is. I hope the best to you and finding out what is up.
HI ak2, you are so right about that. Our bodies were designed to take care of themselves, that's why when the doctor tried to give me some pills to make my period come on, I said no, I am not gonna take something to start myself to bleeding and then feel guilty later on if I find out that I was indeed pregnant, ya know what I mean? I'd rather just let my period kick back in on it's own. I started to do a bit of cramping on today and saw a little bloody discharge. Wasn't alot of blood. I figure at this point, if I am pregnant, it won't come down too much, and if I'm not, then it will continue to come on down. But I guess I can't really go by that either, cause I know alot of women say that they bleed and still be pregnant, so really I guess it's just a waiting game either way you look at it, right?

ms_smiles
I have also heard of quite a few people who say they bled the whole pregnancy. The little bit of blood I'm seeing, I could still be pregnant, just a matter of time to find out. Maybe all the test had been coming out negative cause the baby probably hadn't implanted itself into the uterus lining. Reason I say that is because I thought about when it's about that time for a period to come on, a bit of blood comes with some cramping but it don't be as full or long as a regular period. When it does that, the baby is usually implanting itself in the uterus. So, if that is the case with me, since i just started to see some blood today for the first time and it keeps leaving and coming back little bit at a time, maybe I am just going through that implantation process and I know that you won't get a positive test at all until the implantation takes place so the hcg can be dispersed into the urine and the blood. I found that out through simple research online. Hope it was of some help. I'll continue to watch and see what happens.

ms_smiles
ak2
implantion accors 7-14 days after ovulation. I dont know what the hcg isnt showing up or if your not prego why we feel these fealings. I had an IUD before this and while i had that i loved it. Now i have all these symtoms Well we will see this next week im supose to start.
Well mine came down today like a flood, so I guess it was all wishful thinking for me. I'll continue to keep you updated on any further news in the future. I'm just glad at least my period started to get all this bloat out of my stomache and now I don't have to be wondering what's going on anymore. I wish you the best. Let me know how things turn out for you okay? God bless ya.

ms_smiles
ak2
well now you can try agian and hopfully your body will stop plan tricks
i have been reading your posts and although i havent been able to offer any advice, throughout all of your posts you sounded so very excited at the possibly be pregnant. if i am not mistaken, you thought you were for quite some time. now you have your period. how do you feel about it? are you okay? you seem very calm after all of the excitement.
Hi kjsk, First of all, thank you so much for your concern. I was pretty excited there for a moment. I am still trying to be okay with this whole thing. I guess I am sort of numb to the disappointment of not being pregnant. I have been hurt so many times getting my hopes up and then I either have a miscarriage or simply my period starts, so I guess I am just somewhat trying to put my best face forward and just pray one day that I would be able to carry another baby full term. My one and only child turns 21 years old on tomorrow. I have been wanting another child for years now. Just haven't been having any luck. I had three miscarriages in a 18 month time frame between 2001 and 2002. I had gotten the positive blood tests and everything back then, but by the time I found out I was pregnant, I think I had just been doing too much strenuous things to carry it. So, to make a long story short, that's why I try to put on a happy face to keep from really crying and breaking down. In the mean time, yall just keep me in prayer that one day I can carry another little one full term. Again, thanks for your concern and I wish you the best!!

ms_smiles
i thought so girl...i could hear the pain/hurt in your tone even though you werent expressing disappointment. for some reason it just isnt the right time right now and maybe you dont know why that is, but your day will come when the time is right and when you are least expecting it. just curious, are you over 40? age can play a factor as im sure you already know. can slow the whole process down. try one of those ovulation detector kits if you are really trying to conceive (if you have not already). maybe that will give you some idea of when things are "good to go". sorry your hopes were up but just know there was some reason why it didnt happen at this particular time. happy bday to your son! 21? now thats stress! in time you'll feel okay again. it is hard to accept especially if your body and mind felt differently.
ak2
I know a lady that thought she was going through the change and was pregnat and she didnt thing she could have another on but God had a diffrent plan for her.
Thanks Ak2 for that encouraging post. I felt better after reading that.

ms_smiles
Thanks again for the response. I am 38. Got a birthday coming up in a week. So as you can see, I am still a little under 40. One thing that kinda keeps my hopes up is the fact that one day I had just thrown in the towel and said....forget it, I am not trying to get pregnant anymore cause maybe I just can't have anymore kids, and the lord showed me different. He allowed me to get pregnant those three times to let me know that I am still capable of conceiving, but he's just not ready for me to have another one right now. It was almost as if he was right in front of my face with both hands on my arms letting me know, that it's just not time yet!!! So, everytime I think of that, it makes me feel better to know that at least I can still conceive. So as I always tell myself, if I can conceive it and believe it, one day I'll achieve it!! Continue to pray for me and I'll let you know when it happens.

ms_smiles
Hi everybody, reading all your thoughts made me feel better. I had my last period on 23rd June now its more than 6 weeks i didn't have any. I had my hpt couple of times and guess what.. Was negative and today doctor take my blood test and is negative too. But i'm feeling all kind of symptoms Bloating, cramps in my abdomen and leg cramps, difficulty in sitting, nausea, breast tenderness, all my veins being visible, dizziness, some headache..but the doctor asked me to take pills so that i could have my period..i said no. I want to wait till i'm sure. Please somebody tell me Still i could be pregnant.
Hi May_be, I went 8 weeks without my period and blood and urine kept coming out negative, and the day before missing my second period, I started spotting and later on that day, it started flowing like a river. So, just give it a bit more time and if it still doesn't start that second month, go get tested again. Sometimes your body tend to skip a month, for different reasons. I just knew I was pregnant, but it crept up on me soon as I was getting ready to miss the second month. I wish you the best and hope I was of some help.

ms_smiles
ak2
well i have my doctors appontment today to figure out why i have problems like that
Just wanted you to know Ak2 that I wish you the best at your doctors appointment. Let me know how things turn out.

ms_smiles
hi im a mother of 4 and i recently went for a yearly pap and found i was pregnant only by urine test i was told i was 2 months preg. but a week later and my blood shows no pregnancy
the dr said i had a miscarrige but i didnt pass any tissue how can this be?
Thanks Ak2 for the update. I will be keeping you in prayer that everything goes well for you. You are so right.......anytime our bodies feel a certain way, it is always reason for it. Mine just happened to skip a month, but it came on in August, so I guess it regulated itself. From now on, if my period is late, I'll make sure I miss 2 or almost 3 months before I waste alot of money on pregnancy test again. I've learned alot from this experience. Again, I wish you well when you hear from the doctor again.

ms_smiles
ak2
Well i had my appontment and my dodctor had found red blood cells in my urine so now I know im not imaging things. If somthing is wrong with your urinary tract you could have a lot of pg symptoms. I was put on a med that would give me a yeast infection and so a "gyno" said that all my sympoms are from a yeast infection. Yeah right. now i have to wait 2 more weeks to find out what is up Good luck to you all dont give up till you get a reason for the feelings you have there is allways areason and not that we are all crazy. AK2
ak2
well this is funny after my last "period" Now Im Late well hopefully everything is good  if i was pergnant then my stomich wold be hard at 7 weeks right? My sisters is starting to she is 7 weeks. Would that be everybody? weird how u start thinging about it all still. ak2
ak2
well good new I saw aunt flo. disregard that last message
Hi ak2, just wanted to say that I am glad that you finally got your period and things are getting back to normal for you. At least now you know what's going on. I know I was glad when mine finally came. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Take care.

ms_smiles
Ms Smile-

Have you ever been diagnosed with Lupus?  After 3 miscarriages, I'd be concerned that something is up.  I am 38 also (soon to be 39) and trying to get pregnant again.  I have a 2-year old daughter.  If you really want another baby, it would be worth looking into why you had so many miscarriages.  Just my thoughts...

Marie
Thanks ak2 for that last post. I really felt better after reading that regarding your grandma having four more kids following 5 miscarriages. Gives me even more hope now. I know it'll happen for me in due time. Again, thanks for that post. I needed that. One good thing is that I do have one child, so at least I do know that I am capable of not only conceiving, but carrying a baby an entire nine months. My first pregnancy was beautiful with no problems whatsoever.

ms_smiles
ak2
you are welcome my husband came home this sunday to monday from Fort Knox and i thought I was pose to be done ovulating and i thing i ovulated last night Scarry only time will tell good luck to you it will happen if you worry it is harder to conceve
Hi Marie, Just responding to your post. I have been thoroughly checked by more than one doctor to find out about the miscarriages, and they all say that nothing is wrong with me. They always say that some women just go through miscarriages before having a successful pregnancy. I have one 21 year old child. I figure whenever the lord see fit for me to have another one, it'll all work out. As far as Lupus or any other disorder, I don't have anything like that. I appreciate your concern though.

Ms_smiles
ak2
hello again both of my grandmas had children when they were 40 On my dads side she had my dad then 5 mc before she had 4 more children her last was when she was 42.
confusing!!!!!  i had egg transfered on the 10th (ivf)  i had all the signs i was pregnant even implant bleeding very light not llike my normal period, i was convined i was preggo, had blood test on the 21st NEGITVE still no period or stmtoms on it caming clear blue test NEG i am still experiancing BLOATING ,HEADACHES, AND LIGHT BACKACHES,  i am so confused weather my blood test could be WRONG, i have read they can be if done to early???? has anyone experanced this?????

if anyone knows plz email me (graham.***@****) sorry but i have trouble finding site again so easyer to email, new at the computor :))
if you were on the fertility meds and progesterone, you will probably feel that way even if you're pregnant or not.  you may want to check out webmd Infertility Treatment Support Group (TTC) this board is SO helpful...you'lll get a lot of information there.
Going through it now hon. 2 weeks late, pregnancy symptoms, friends and family swearing up and down left and right they feel two souls in my body. Yet neg Urine and blood test. *Shrug*
Don't lose hope...2 years ago I was really hoping to become pregnant.  One day I felt really light headed to the point that I could barely stand on my own, so I went to the ER.  The Doctor gave me a urine test and blood test which both resulted negative.  As dissappointed as I was, a few days later I discovered I really was pregnant.  I now have a beautiful 2 year old girl.
well i had period problems and i am only 31 had 2 miscarrages over a 2 year period and was devistated i was not preg. i finally went to a gyno who was familiar,, skipped period, headaches, bloating, hair loss, feeling tired,,, i had blood work ..harmones were low.. had something called polycystic ovarian syndrome... was put on harmones then clomid  i am now 5 days late  

i will pray for u all  
momnkdz..when you went to the ER, how far along were you? do you remember...and how far along were you when you found out you were pregnant?
my period is about 2 months late today i had a stick pee preg test at the doctors, they said it was neg, but i am having all the same signs i did with my one and only baby that i was preg with a few years ago, soo its not making ANY sense, they did a blood test to check that i wasnt preg for sure, and are also checking for being diabetic and pcos, i really hope i dont have either and that im preg, i was so sure that i was that i was picking out baby  stuff on walmart.com last night, i really want another baby, and im not ready to believe im not, just yet i guess only time will tell
I'm actually going through the same thing, I'm only 5 days late...but my goodness I feel pregnant...my uterus lining is thick, and I did a vaginal sonogram and there shows that something is there...the doc said it could be an early pregnancy, but he's not not sure...did a blood test and it's negative...the doc told me that if I dont get my period in the next 2 months he'll induce it...I don't quite understand what that's about...but do you think it's just tooo early to detect if I'm pregnant in the blood test...this is really frustrating
I'm 50 years old and have had absolutely no signs of menopause.  My last period was 13 weeks ago but still getting negative tests.  Went to the doctor last month and she said no pregnancy, just menopause and wouldn't do an ultrasound. Well, I now look pregnant and my symptoms have subsided.  Feeling great, just have a big belly, some back ache and mild some headaches.  I've read up on phantom pregnancies, but I'm not yearning for a baby.  I have 3 bio children in their 20s, 3 older teenagers and 10 adopted children still living at home.  I am newly married as of last May and my husband would love to have more children.  So for now, I just wait and see what happens....
i am 9 days late i am 21 years old , always a 28 day cycle but home test said neg i have symptons, sore breast & back, using washroom quite abit, nausea, heartburn, i just dunno im confused it would be my first child and my boyfriend and i are excited has anyone else had something like this happen? is it normal? or an i just going crazy? any advice
Exact same thing happening to me, only I'm about 6 days late currently. This happened a couple months ago too and it was just from stopping my birth control but this time I have no other reasons to have missed. Two htps amd both negative. I'm going to wait and see if I miss my period a second month and then go for a blood test.
About a year ago i had a feeling i was pregnant so i went and got a couple take home tests to take i took the first test and it didnt work at all the second one i took said i as not preganant however i felt it was wrong so i went to the doctors to make sure and well sure enough my doctor told me i was pregnant and not only that but i was pregnant with twins i believe they even sent me to take a blood test but i never got anything back on that but it was scary im glad i went to the doctor!
by xxangel

Send Message
View Profile
xxangel
18 years old
LONDON - United Kingdom
Mood: xxangel is :)

, less than a minute ago
HEY IVE HAD 2 MISCARRIAGES IN THE SPACE OF 3 MONTHS FIRST WAS A MISSED M/C AT 12 WEEKS STOPPED GROWING AT 9 WKS SECOND  WAS NATURAL AT NEARLY 6 WEEKS, AFTER MY SECOND M/C I DIDNT HAVE A PERIOD 6 WEEKS LATER TESTED POSITIVE IM JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU LOT COULD HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHEN I OVULATED SO I KNO WHERE I AM IM FEELING REALLY SICK ALL THE TIME BREASTS HURT BUT ARE SUBSIDING NOW I HAVE A SCAN IN  3 WEEKS X X THANKS X
i am now 10 days late, a lady told me yestesday she had the same thing happen as you and to go get a blood test so i called the doctor and he said i could get in next wednesday witch is great for me since its my day off, i am going to take another home test monday it will be 2 weeks missed so im hoping if it says neg im hoping the doctor will tell me different i am very excited and thanks for your help!!
The first day of my last period was on Nov. 29th. I'm not regular, but my cycles run between 36 and 38 days! Right now, I'm about 2 weeks late. I have absolutely NO SYMPTOMS of pregnancy and a blood test came out negative, as well as 4 HPTs. I called the Dr.'s office and he told me to wait a couple of weeks and come in to do a hormonal check. I'm really careful when it comes to my body, so I'm freaking out a little bit! I hope it's nothing serious and I'd be happy if I were preg.
stressing about it can cause your period not to come!,i am 11 days late and trying my best not to stress about it i have a blood test on wednesday so ill see how that goes
If pregnant, I am 14 weeks 2 days.  Symptoms are going right along with pregnancy charts for this week.  I'm not going to go to the doctor right now and have her make me feel foolish again.  So I will just take my prenatal vitamins, continue to rest when tired and see what happens.  I should begin to feel flutter soon.
I've been reading what every1 has been writing and its helping me. I've been trying to find out whats going on with me. It started wen I noticed some spottin a week before my period was due, (mine are always on schedule & very heavy) that lasted a few days & stopped. I feel like im pregnant & so i took 4 home pregnancy tests all came out positive. I went to the dr & 2 urine tests came out negative. went to another dr n took it again n came out positive but had a blood test & it came out neg so i'm very confused. They say based on blood test i'm not but i still feel like i am. i've never been preg before but i have a strange feeling i can't explain. I get tired all the time n nauseous after i eat. i also get dizzy constantly. the dr says i'm tired cuz my iron is low n dizzy n headaches cuz my blood pressure is high. i had just been to the dr in oct for a complete physical & blood work. everything was fine then. blood pressure was normal now it extremely high can't figure out how it got so high so fast. they can't come up with any reason for me to not have gotten my period as of yet. they did sonograms n found no cysts or anything like that. they said its prob too soon to see any signs of preg in a sonogram. maybe i'm trying to find out too early & thats why the tests are all different. i've never missed a period in my life so i guess thats why i ran to the dr so fast. if i count from the day of the spotting i should have gotten it on jan 17th so now i'm 5 days late on another period i guess. i don't know what else to do at this point every1 is starting to think i'm crazy. I just want to know 1 way or another & know why i'm not getting my period if nothings wrong
I had never missed a period in my life before either and I'm 50.  When I went to the doctor last month, she automatically said it was menopause.  From all I've read, menopause happens slowly.  I've now missed 4 periods without even any spotting.  My abdomen has grown 3 1/2 inches the past 2 weeks.  I had nausea for the first 3 months Now feeling great but just hungry and sleepy alot.  
Thats another thing i'm always hungry. i can eat n in a hr feel like i haven't eaten in days. I'm 33 so im sure i'm deffinately too young for menopause. I really wish a dr cud give me some kind of answer but they don't n i'm not sure if i should try another dr. they just seem to be dismissing me sayin theres nothing wrong it just happens from time to time. i can understand if i missed 1 period but 2 in a row no. somethings going on n i need to know. i don't even have any1 to talk to bout it cause every1 i know is sick of it n keep telling me i'm crazy to still think i'm preg after the blood test came out neg. I need to know so I can clear my mind. i feel like i can't concentrate n forget things that i'm doing. Making a lot of mistakes n having alot of accidents last couple weeks. i'm clumsier then i've ever been. dunno whats going on. besides the fact that i've missed alot of work in the last 2 weeks going back n forth to drs almost everyday. i just need an answer to why i feel this way n dunno how to get it anymore
I love reading everyone's posts.  I felt so alone and as if something was wrong with me.  I had a mc in december at 11 weeks.  My period came in January BUT hasn't come for Febuary-it is a week late and I've always had regular cycles.  I had a blood test, and several urine tests which all came back negative.  I feel pregnant but hope that it is not all in my head because I want to be so badly.  Any support would be great!

sweetangel7
definitly have had the same things occur, reading this page calms me quite a bit as im still waiting for the blood test to come back as it is now the weekend, but ok went of b/c december 1st, lmp december 23, had unprotected sex with my serious bf on the 1st of january (ovulating time), did a pregnancy test in january positive, a lil nervous and thought it was soon and faint, waited til february did another it was positive as well, went to the doctor in the afternoon at the end of february on friday, i had alot to drink that and everything so im wondering if it was dilute urine, and the drs pregnancy test came back negative, i did three hpt directly after that and they all came back negative>>>? ive been taking pics for the last 5 weeks and my tummy below seems to keep extending like crazy, and my blood is still at the lab, i havent had a decent period in the last couple months, just pink/brown spotting that most say is just old blood, ive had swollen ankles, bleeding gums, changing breast veins (some discharge clear), and back and hip pain, so i truly believe im pregnant, and not that i want to be like a phantom pregnancy cuz im in college, but me and my bf could definitly be ok with that cuz we've been together along time and are getting a place together, i read on one site of a women getting pregnancy test all negative except the blood test until she was 5/6 months along, im adopted as well so i dont have any contact with my own mother to see if there is some correlation with all of these symptoms either, but truly with me continually getting bigger i believe that I must be pregnant somehow, im in nursing school and have used my stethoscope as well down there and found a distinct heartbeat that cant be my own, different rhythm....so hopefully i find out on monday :D if not i still will wait and find out for another month i should feel some movement thx all
wow what a trip! u look pregnant! iv'e been preg 5 times and trust me u look pregnant! with my last baby i took 4 pregancy tests and all neg then a blood test and neg.finally it showed positve.you have all the tale tale signs.the only thing is you look 4-6 months along? keep me posted. thanks
Please read!  57 year old woman finds out she's 30 weeks pregnant:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=541608&in_page_id=1879&in_page_id=1879&expand=true#StartComments
I should have started my peroid on March 21 and have not yet. I took a test Friday at 9pm and it came back neg. I just had an IUD removed on Feb. 12 and had a normal 30 day peroid on Feb. 21. I'm always 30 days. I'm wondering if I'm just late from all the changes from the removal of my COPPER IUD or if i might actually be pregnant. How many weeks were you when your tests were coming back neg? I have a 6 year old that i had no problems getting preg. with. I'm just waiting now thinking maybe i'll start.  Do you think I should take another test in a few days?
They have always been negative.  I started taking HPTs when I was a week late.  Got a negative blood test at 9 weeks.  The last time I tested was at 18 weeks.  Still negative. I am now 23 weeks, look and feel very pregnant.
i am having the same problem i had the implanon in had it removed 24 jan had anormal period 20 feb but nothing sinceim experiencing the lower back pains cramping in lower stomach tired  vomiting done load of hpt all neg and blood test thurday which was neg totally confused if i was id be 5 1/2 weeks could this still be too soon with my other children i tested pos before i was due a period at about 3 weeks
I have a 2 yr old already and I am using the birth control patch so my periods are regular...here goes...  Jan 26 - feb 1 = scheduled period, Had unprotected sex feb 10...started period (bleeding) again feb 12-20 (took b/c off on 14th feb)....March 21 bleeding heavy....22 no blood....25 light spotting brown....27 very light blood during all this I have been feeling like period pains but mostly  dull persistant pain sometimes shooting down the right side of vaginal wall contin. down inside of right leg.. I found breathing through them have helped. Have done 2 HPT one in feb & one mar 22 both neg. Have been to doctors but have been referred to an obgyn will still be another month b4 I even see obgyn. Does this make sense to anyone please let me know...I have used a symptom checker on the internet and leads to miscarry or cervical cancer...Should I wait to see obgyn or go to hospital? some days worse then others.   Unsure of what to do my family doctor blew me off told me to take advil for the pain. Tried advil once took 2 didn't work, tried heating pad hurt even more. Really scared.
ive not had period for 2 months. had my tubes tied -blood &urine tests but i feel something moving &pressing under ribs like when i was pregnant. can i be has this happened to anyone else?.
I am on cycle day 46.  17 days late going by my normal 28 day cycles.  If pregnant I would be about 6 weeks.  I have ALWAYS been regular.  I took several hpt's, all negative.  I went to my family doctor and had a urine test done, negative.  My family doctor had me come back in last Monday for a blood test, which was also negative.  I had an appointment with my Ob/Gyn today.  I had such high hopes.  I expected that he would examine me and possibly do an ultra-sound, but he didn't.  All he did was give me another urine sample, that came out negative also.  He talked to me in his office and gave me a prescription to start my period.  I have been having all the pregnancy symptoms.  I asked him why I would not have started my period.  He told me that I must not have ovulated.  I have never been late on my periods besides when I was pregnant.  I have two children already ages 11 and 6.  Last year I had two misscarriages.  Is it possible to be pregnant and it not show up on urine or blood tests?  Has this happened to anyone?  I am worried about taking the prescription he prescribed in case I am pregnant.  I don't know what to do.
I had a little boy in October 07 and i started birth control in early novenber. i got off birth control at the end of january anf my last period was feb 5th through feb11th. i have not had a period since and eventhough ive taken a million home preg tests and had a blood test come back negative i still have ALL the symptoms! heart burn...bloating...headaches...backaches...peeing constantly...EVERYTHING!!! i do not have insurance so its not like i can just go to my family doc...but i need to see whats going on!!!??? does anyone have any advice...?
It was good reading all of this.. I'm glad to see i wasn't along with all my confusion that has been going on these past few months.

Now.. if none of us are pregnant... then what's causing all our bodies to give off pregnancy symptoms? And i've also read about phantom pregnancies..  but i can assure you that i in NO way want to be pregnant.

in fact..... it would not be a very good thing if i was..
: ///

still.. this is very interesting to me..

What really gets me.. is the lack of care and concern the doctors have for you when you are showing all the rest of the pregnancy symptoms.  They solely go on  test results.. but then.. what are the reasons behind everything else?

I wish they were more thorough. It would definitely put my mind at ease..
I was due to start my period 4/21 hasnt come yet and I FEEL VERY pregnant! I took two blood test and 6 HPT all NEGATIVE. My Doc says to wait until my next due date for period which is 5/19 if no period then we will repeat all hormone test and do and US! This is so freaky! Im scared and worried!!! I have been menstrating since I was 13 now 35 NEVER MISSED one period and Im on a strict 28 day cycle may have been off a day or two here and there! So stressed and confused! I dont  understand.  She said I definetly ovulated the month before because my pegesterone was 9.5 it wouldnt be above 6 if I didnt ovulate. So what the hell!!? If I didnt get pregnant where the heck is my period!!!! I thought when you ovulate you have a period afterwards?
Welp this past monday i went to the doctor and i took the blood test. it came out negative. i also took 6 hpt which are also negative. but then i still feel pregnant. i'm like having all the sign of be pregnat. my signs are: breast tenderness, nausea, cramps (back, shoulder, abdomen), bloating, constipation. frequent u.rinating. i've been constipated for 6.5 weeks now. but all the tes came out negative. doe anyone know what is going on? (i have irregular period, last period was on jan 13)
I wish I could help you Im sitll confused myself!!!!!
I have a Doc appt tomorrow to get more test.  
I was conversing with another woman in the same boat. Her story was...Back in October of last year her period was due 11/13 didnt come of course.  She said she took SEVERAL HPT and 2 blood ALL NEGATIVE.  Finally when her Doc gave her a RX for provera to start her period she was tested one more time 12/9 almost a month later she FINALLY GOT a positive blood test.  Her Docs theory is she just ovulated VERY late in her cycle that month!!! How crazy is that!!? It took almost a WHOLE month for her to show positive for pregnant.  I mean you are alittle further than a month though.  Have you got an ultrasound?  I read blogs were women didnt get a positive test result at all and got an ultrasound and found a quite viable baby in the uterus!!
Hello people I have being on the womans forum and was askin Questions and people on there think im stupied and im NOT. Anyways I had all the preg symptomstook a HPT and took a blood test and they were all negitive the other day went for a ultra sound and indeed im 9 wks pregnant the girls are smart over there they know what they are talking about but not in my case. They say it is impossible took have a negitive blood test and still be pregnant ?  Well i really wish i can prove them wrong. They made me so mad with what they said I called them Buttholes I shouldn't have but at the time was upset with the way that they think someone would lie about something like this. I know what it feels like to be pregnant and I already have 3 kids so i think i should know.
Gen, we don't think you are stupid at all.

You have an IUD in.  You had multiple negative HPTs.  You had a negative blood pregnancy test.  Then the next day you said you had an ultrasound that showed you were 9 weeks pregnant.

Then you said the doctor explained that your tests were negative because you are anemic.

1.  No doctor would ever say your blood test was negative b/c of anemia.  It is not true, anemia has nothing to do with a pregnancy test.  A doctor would never say that.
2. When did the doctor test your iron level?  You said "I paid $250 for an ultrasound".  They would not do an iron test if you simply went for an ultrasound.   There would be no reason to.  That, and other tests, are done when you do for your first prenatal visit, which you have to  make an appt for when you discover you are pregnant.  They don't just do an iron test, they do a whole battery of tests that are sent out, then at the next visit, they discuss the results.
3.  What is your due date?
4.  You said the doctor was concerned about the pregnancy due to the Mirena IUD you have in place.  When are they doing the next HCG level?  Its done every 2-3 days.  If your first was negative...what is his plan for deciding if the pregnancy was viable?

Just wondering.  
** Well I had gotten pregnant because the IUD dislodged itself.
**  I had one positive test & two neg.
**  The iron test was done right when  I got all the syptoms.

**  And I don't have all the money to get all the test and a ultrasound so I did that first I don't have insurance.
** My due date if the baby makes it because the IUD made my uterus lining thin is Dec 21
** I went to the doc and they drawed blood and they said the next one would next month.
** And I'm not sure what his plan is for the viable she said they are going to keep a close watch on me.
When I was pregnant I had anemia but I still got a positive pregnancy test.  If they were concerned with the pregnancy, they would not wait a complete month before checking your HCG levels again.  Again, peek said we don't think that you are a liar but perhaps you need to see another doctor that would pay more closer attention to you.  Plus, you never told us that you did get a positive at any point.  You said that you got all negative tests.  This is different and may have led to getting different responses from us.  Peek is a Labor and Delivery nurse so she is extremely knowledgable about this stuff.  I do hope you go see another doctor.  Good luck.
No I had a positive the first one neg the second was positive and the third was neg. So ur telling that the need to check my HCG level sooner then that.
Yes, they need to check it immediately to see if the numbers are doubling.  That's how they can tell if you will have a viable pregnancy.  When you went for the ultrasound did you see a heartbeat?
the doctor im seeing is the Doctor who delivered my other three and my middle one was a preemie and wasn't to be deliverd here cause he was so tiny but had to be I couldn't make it to tennessee
see things just dont add up.... good luck tho
yes and no? the saw one but not much of one the said it was to weak and something no right  there sending me to gainsville to get another u/s done there sorry for type o's very upset
Did you see a heartbeat on the ultrasound? If you are this far along you would be able see a heartbeat. And they need to be checking your hcg level every 2-3 days to make sure it is doubling.  I had a previous miscarriage and with my last pregnancy I had to have my hcg levels every 2 days to make sure it was doubling. I had my hcg level checked 3 times.
Did you see a heartbeat on the ultrasound?
If it was weak then they would have had you come back to check it again.  They wouldn't take the chance in having you miscarry and if the miscarriage doesn't come naturally they would have to schedule you for a D&C.  When are you supposed to have this other ultrasound done?
Yes but very weak one I go to gainsville monday. I ll give them a call to c if i can get in today to have this done and ask them why they aren't doind it every 2-3 day Now im scared thier screwing up OMG
Im going to go to doctor as a walk in and wait all day if i have to i started cramping bad last night, And i think i know whats coming next;.(
Well I really hope everything turns out for the best.  Do what you need to do for piece of mind.  Good luck.
I meant "peace of mind" not "piece of mind"....geesh.  It's still early.
Not sure what never had to deal with this kind of thing before Well almost with my middle son he was 2 pounds when he was born but he's here today so.......Thanks
Hi all, (I hope you're still here!)
My last period was on March 21st, about 9 weeks ago. I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend since April 5th (and I felt myself ovulate two days later, I am pretty sure). I have taken about 6 pregnancy tests and all were negative, except for one Safeway brand that was so so so faint it could have been negative but maybe positive. My ob-gyn did a urine test four weeks ago and it was negative, he said to wait 4 weeks and then try again. I did a home test and it's still negative! I do not know what to do--I am afraid if I go to the doctor he will say we should induce my period. I've missed two periods now.
Thank you sooo much!
i too am glad to know im not alone in this, my last period was april 19th so im now two weeks late, i too have alot of symptoms you name it whatever but i've heard and read about it alot... anyways i posted a questions before about having been told by a doctor that i can not get pregnant which hurts me soo much even people took it wrong by saying something u dont wanna hear.. but i didnt give up i tell my husband i can have all the babies i want from this stomach when i want to, evetually i missed my period and have soo many symptoms, even my breast are getting bigger nad sore in the same time, so yeah fingers crossed!! im hoping to get my result of being pregnant by the end of the months.

my cousin was pregnant at the age16 and she have the same symptoms i have now, she tried a test and ended up positive, went for a check up and find out she was 1 week pregnant.

my other cousin of 19 years old at the same time was pregnant too, she went in four times for a check up at the hopst and all her results and tests came out negative, but later on find out she was five months prego.. so yeah by all means we all have a our chances of being pregnant, just let the body work its way through to take care of whatevers in there! i like what others comments r! trust in blood.. if it doesnt show up it only means were pregnant!!
im sorry but i have no positive advice to add but I too am in the same boat as all these other ladies. My last period started April 11, it was normal for me..very heavy and lasted 7 days. Then on May 1st, two weeks later I had about 4 days of very very light spotting..it was light pink and dark brown..never enough to put a pad on..it was only when I wiped, NOTHING like my regular period. After that, my period never came and now it has been 26 days. My next period is due this weekend. I have a few other pregnancy symptoms other than the obvious. I have had some cramping, feeling like im going to start type of cramping and then I never do. I have had head aches and my nipples have been a little sensitive, also a little bit of nausea. But most of all i have been exhausted. Just wanting to take naps at all times of the day. I have taken 4 hpts and all negative and yesterday I went to a clinic and had a urine test done and it was negative as well. I am almost 4 weeks late, do you think its possible I am pregnant?
On May 24th My Husband and I decided that I would go off my b/c and try for our first child. We have been married for two years and are both 21 years old. We told my parents and my mom said that it only took her a month to get prego with me and my brother after being off b/c. So May 26th I had my period and as usually it lasted 5 days. A month later June 24th I was expecting my period. Nothing so I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Wednesday Still no signs of period so I took another hpt. This time I made sure I got the Expensive, digital, 99.9% correct ones. PREGNANT! Super excited, I even took pictures! On Thursday I took another one just to confirm and it came back negative. On friday I got really sick and had a high fever that lasted 2 days. On Monday I decided to go to the Dr to see about my sickness and get a blood test. Blood test came back negative. The doctor said that I just had a viral infection and that it is common for women to miss a period after getting off b/c. But something didn't seem right. Now I have not had a period in 1 month and 14 days and I am 3 weeks late from my last missed period. I have signs of pregnancy like fatigue, nausea, sore breasts/nipples, dizziness, a tight felling and small cramps in my stomach. Am I making myself have these symptoms because I want to be pregnant so bad? I feel like I am going crazy!  I was really upset for a while after I found out the blood test said Negative. After getting congrats from family and friends we had to tell them that it was a false alard. Not an easy thing to do! Reading this forum has helped I have read that sometimes it could take 4 weeks to know or longer. Does anyone have any advice while I wait it out?
I took 4 hpt different brands and 2 came invalid 1 negative and 1 possitive and blood test negative and thats my first time that I didnt have my period im regular Im 24 days late  on the next day I supposed to have my period  I got  a little brownish spott for one day and cramps all day and get worst at bedtime and nauseas well at ER they said unknown pain and they give me Vicodin they said they are sure Im not pregnant because a blood test is more  accurate than HPT but why I got a Possitive  they test me for infections or std and nothing show up so I am confused I feel like Im pregnant but they said Im not .
hi
this is cindy here ,I have been trying for a baby for now 1 yr and my periods r never on time i am between 27-43 days can vary so yer its very hard i know.....well i am due about now well anytime from now, and i have been sick for 9 days vomiting ,nauses,tired,sore muscles,loss of appetite,bloated stomach... and i am so convinced i am preg i had a result from a blood test back today and came neg,,,,, Can i still be pregnant...could i have possibly just tested too early!!! i am so confused  dr said it must be a virus... i dont beleive so :(
I have read every reply to this question, and all I can say is WOW. I truly though something was seriously wrong with me. I am 19 (seems young but I have been living on my own since I had just turned 17. My last period was from August 23rd to August 28th. I went of b/c in July of '07 because they were causing me health problems. I finally got my period back in January of this year and started tracking it. It was due to come ever 35 to 39 days with 37 being the norm. I tend to remember when I am due because it is a day or two after my last period ends. Say August 28th was the last day of 1 period the next should start September 29th or 30th. Anyway. It's been about 10 weeks and no sign of aunt flow. I have taken 2 HPT in the beginning of October (a week apart) and both came up as negative. I srugged it off as stress or something. My next period is due tomorrow or the next day and I have no signs of it starting, I even stopped bring tampons with me in my bag. I have had some pregnancy symptoms like slight nausea and tiredness. My breast have gone up from a D to an E cup (they last grew when I started b/c in '06). I am going to wait until the 10th if this month before I try and get an appointment at the doctors. I was just wondering, could I be pregnant? I always used b/c (condoms and such). I am starting to wonder. My mother seemed happy at the thought that I could be... Anyway, what do you guys think...
You and I are about on the same cycle. I went off b/c in May and was really careful in June and July. I checked my temp and aimed for ovulation in August and Sept. My last period was September 4th and I skipped the one in October, aside from what I thought might be implantation bleeding. This was extremely light, only on the toilet paper for a day or two... Anyway...today is NOV. 4th. I should be voting right now but instead I am worried about being pregnant There are no signs that I might start AF today or tomorrow. I have taken, like, 15 HPTs all negative and had one blood test -> NEG. What in the world? I have been all over the Internet and it seems that it happens, although not commonly, that women can test negative and still be pregnant. I would love to be pregnant or I could wait. The problem is ....that I am the captain of an adult soccer team that starts another season next week. Additionally I will be joining my city ski club on Friday when I can get some discounts. I am extremely active and feel like I need to know NOW whether or not I'm pregnant so that I can plan accordingly. Another wrench in my life is that I start nursing school in January. I'll have the summer off to have a baby if it comes to that. Geez.  Also--- to everyone-- I would highly recommend keeping these problems to yourself (except the significant male) and maybe your best friend or just your mom. I, myself, have chosen not to tell a soul. My mother-in-law has anxiety issues and I am not prepared to deal with the harassment and advise from her or my step-mom or even my mom. I have threatened my husband with his life to keep this secret. (not really) I am hoping to get into the OBGYN by the end of this week and have an Ultrasound soon after. I may end up talking, in confidence, to a good friend of mine. I'm going crazy and I need a definitive answer.

One more thing. I am reading another rummor on different sites that if you are pregnant with twins that your HcG can be so high that a blood test wouldn't register it. I don't know how much truth there is to this but I did find one published paper on NCBI that supported this.
I have the same issue as you both apparently. I went off b/c on Aug 22 when i had my last period. I haven't started since and no blood on my toilet paper at all. If I am preggers, I'd be 10 weeks and 4 days according to a calculator online.

I took two home test and one blood test, both negative. My doctor is trying to rule out PCOS Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome which is more common than women think. My sister has it and was never able to have a child. It's basically when the male hormones in your body are too high and reject babies and mess up your period.

Hopefully, that's not my case. I have to go see a reproductive endocrinologist later this month to see what they say about it all.

I do have symptoms though. No leaky breasts, not that I'm aware of anyway. But I do have light, quick cramps sometimes, serious nausea right now :( and bloating, being tired...etc. I have all that but still negative tests. I'm kind of scared to take another test though and find out I'm not again...if I really am not.

When they were testing for PCOS, which they still haven't ruled out, they also did an ultrasound. I thought if I was they would see something in there! I mean, shoot, that's how you can tell right? Well, they didn't see anything but they did see one of my ovaries that was like 50% a huge cyst. We naturally have cysts in our ovaries but this one was huuuuuuuuuge. The other ovary was just fine. But anyway, my friend who has 4 kids told me that even if I was pregnant, the fetus would be too small to see at the time of my ultrasound. So that's reassuring. She thinks I might be. My husband who has 2 kids from an ex-wife thinks I am. My mom thinks I might be and is giving me advice accordingly. (Eat crackers if you feel sick when you wake up - even before you get out of bed, don't drink a lot of drink when you eat...etc) So fingers crossed!
I'm so happy I'm not alone. I am trying to find a doctor that will take me even though I don't have insurance (long story). Because of that I had to tell one of my male friends who have lots of connections. Besides that only my boyfriend, brother, and mom know. Keep me posted on the PCOS. I have read about that and asked my mom if it is in the family and it's not but there are other things. Good luck to everyone.
Well, it's not necessarily passed in the family I don't think. My sister that has it is a 1/2 blood sister. Her full blood (my other 1/2 sister) has 4 kids biologically! So who knows what the answer is.

My mom thinks that one of my other sister has it because she has a little more than she should body hair. Body hair, acne, long time between periods, insulin issues, hair loss, are signs of PCOS. I really hope I don't have it! I have acne now because i'm not on b/c anymore. I have some facial hair but not a lot. This is the first period I've missed ever! I was always regular before.

We all have a bit of facial hair but she has more than she should, and I guess hair on her back? I have no idea.

I have 4 sisters, two 1/2 and two full blood. Only one has kids so far but the two blood sisters aren't trying yet, little ole me, the youngest.
im sooo relieved that iam not the only woman goin through this!!! i havnt seen any blood for 4months and both tests negative!!! but weird thing is i spotted not even for an hour in september the doctor ran tests on me for everything, and still nothing... he is now sending me for an ultra sound in december to rule out an ovarian cyst so i guess ill find out everythin there, but to the others take care and hope all is well, hope im healthy enough to have a baby lol

Cree_dime581
This happened to me last summer. I was 5 weeks pregnant before any tests came out positive. I knew I was pregnant way before that, but the tests were all negative. Then at 8 weeks, 3 weeks after getting a positive pregnancy test I had a miscarriage. I am positive that the lack of hormones that caused the tests to come out negative for 5 weeks during my pregnancy were directly correlated with the miscarriage.  
yes i have it was so wired i hadn't had a period in three months and i was having really bad stomach pain so i want to the ER and had a blood test done and it came back neg, and so did all the home test i had taken, so they said that i was fine and sent me home i went back up a week later with the same pain and the did and ultra sound and i was almost four months pregnant they said it was very rare and the doctor i saw had never seen it but had read about it.  Good Luck
My brother is bringing me another pregnancy test (it's been about a month since I last tested) I also have plans to go to the red-cross and get info on who i can go see to get checked up.

I too have never missed a period except when I went of the pill last year. But since January they have been regular, every 5 weeks (about). I don't know, I guess only time will tell.

But like I told everyone (who knows) I am going to stay away from everything bad for me until I know. No alcohol or medication. I will take my vitamins and iron pills like a good girl every day.

In my heart I have a feeling that I am pregnant and I am warming up to the idea, but I don't want to get my hopes up to far just to have something go wrong.
They tell you to take folic acid pills too. Those are good for early development. Not a lot though, that can be bad. Just take the like 400 mg a day or something.

What did the test say?
yes let us know what happens with the test! Hope everything goes well
That is exactly what i am going through i have had 2 negitive urine test and 1 blood test .. but i am going crazy i have all the symptoms and i know i was obvulating wheni had sex and i am never late with my period and i have not had one yet!!! its been a month but the doctor said they should be able to telll by now... i am just freaking out because my body is telling me different.. i seriously thought i was crazy!!!!!!!!
I will take the test this Saturday, for the folic acid pills I have looked for them but still haven't found. I will let you guys know asap.

My mother always told me to listen to my body...she knew she was pregnant with me before she even exspected her period. But she also never had problems with pee sticks.
Sorry it took so long but the test came back neg. again. So I guess something else must be up. Anyway good luck to everyone.
I'm so sorry! At least you took a test! I'm too chicken, and broke :(
Turns out, when i had my pregnancy test done. I wasn't pregnant...yet. My egg was fertalized but not attached yet! I'm 9 weeks pregnant!

I do suggest talking to your Dr's though. They know more than I do. The PCOS thing is real too and common. Check into it!
PCOS seems to be fairly miss understood.  This condition can affect everyone a little differently.  It is treatable with medications and more importantly diet.  Also question your diagnosis because as people are becoming familiar with this condition it is being used as a 'easy' explanation for symptoms that could be caused by other illnesses.
Ok people i need some help. I believe if i am pregnant that i am about 9 weeks but its showing up negative on blood and urine tests. i had SHARP pains in left side of my uterus. no period in like 2 and a half months and i am producing colostrum. i dont kinow wats wrong even though the test was neg i shouldnt be producing colostrum. no pills being taken to raise my hormone level. any ideas?
I'm not sure about the leaking, but have you had an ultrasound done? That's how I found out I was pregnant.

The pain could be a cyst also, they hurt. If you had pain on both sides, I'd say it might be your abs stretching out to accommodate the new being in your belly.
This thing happened to me exactly. I test my urine every month because my period is very irregular i just get them like every 4-5 months... Last september I tested myself twice because breasts felt so tender and swollen but no morning sickness.  The test turned out to be negative.  My tummy started to grow a bit and I thought it was just fat.  This november I took another test and it finally showed I was positive. I was thinking that maybe I was just a couple of months pregnant until I had my ultrasound and found out im 17 weeks pregnant.
just wondering the type of blood test you are talking about which one was it? im still trying to figure out whats going on. i think im getting bigger but not sure. my breasts are definately larger and i am making milk. i keep getting pains in my abdomen. but beta quant blood test and urine tests are negative. could i be pregnant but not be producing the hormone to show on the test?
you dont really know if your making milk.

no if your late enough where your "making milk" (which is actually after a baby is born), and your getting bigger (late first trimester on) then you should be getting a postive hpt

if you have any negative blood test.......your not pregnant
well im not making milk technically its colostrum and im in my 12th week if i am. i have been told my breasts are larger and my abdomen but no worries thanks for the help
I just went to the doctor yesterday and my urine test was negative.  I am 14 weeks pregnant - though not confirmed by testing.  My abdomen is out at the normal size for how far along I am - my doctor did a pelvic and abdomen check and said there is a "mass" there but without the blood test results and an ultrasound is not prepared to say I am pregnant.  I have been pregnant before and I am having all the same symptoms, etc. as I did the first pregnancy.  I even felt the "quickening" motions of the baby (fluttering feeling) the week my abdomen really started to expand into a pregnancy belly.  And the feeling was reactionary to when I went down steps.

I tried asking the doctor that if I am not pregnant - what else can be causing these symptoms?  He said he didn't know and to wait until after the sonogram.  Some doctor?  Can't even let me know what 'might' be going on so my imagination doesn't run wild with worry.

This is certainly a frustrating situation to be in and to have it compounded by unsympathetic doctor makes it even worse.
I'm feeling the same way my stomach hurts so bad and I did two pregnancy test both negative.not sure what to do because my last period was on March 27th period net yet do
I went to my doctor to get birth control and in order to begin I had to take an early pregnancy test. They said I was not pregnant so I could begin taking the pill after my period began. I waited and waited and when it didnt come I took a home pregnancy test and I was pregnant. I went to a doctor and they said I was 7 weeks which means I was indeed pregnant when I took the early pregnancy test at my doctor's office.
I've got to get this off of my chest, because if I don't it's going to drive me crazy.

I have not had a period since december. I started December 18th. While on my period my husband and I had unprotected sex (this was the last two days of my period). Our reasoning being that it's less likely for me to get pregnant.

January came and went without a period, and I tested three times at home. The first two test were negative and the third test just sat there looking at me--that is to say it didn't do ANYTHING.

I went to the doctor on the fifth of February, they did a pelvic exam and a urine test. Of course the test came back negative for pregnancy, but apparently I have a bladder infection. I didn't have a clue of this--I've had UTI's and bladder infections before and I know how it feels, and I don't have any weird sensations when I go to the bathroom. I've been taking the anti-biotics anyway.

While at the doctor's office they kept asking if anyone had taken blood from me yet, and no one ever did. They sent me home with just the anti-biotics, and the statement that it's normal to miss a period....Which just sounded strange to me, given that I've NEVER skipped a period. I've been as much as a week late before, but I've never missed entirely.

Once again this month I have missed my period.

I'm not on birth control, I'm not under stress, I'm happy as a clam, and have never felt so healthy in my life, aside from feeling really fatigued and constantly being in the bathroom for....bowel issues. I know a bladder infection cannot stop a period.

Is it possible that I am pregnant, and it still won't show up on a test? I just am really irritated at this point. If I'm not pregnant I want my period to come, and if I am I want it to show up so that I can start being excited....
  Finally, a website I can relate to!  I had blocked tubes all my adult life, and had lap and dye procedure done 25 years ago.  I never conceived in all this time, so hubby and me adopted three beautiful children.  Last summer, at age 48, I started peri menopause symptoms, with hot flashes and a couple missed periods.  Had a period at Halloween, skipped November, and then  in middle of December I had a miscarriage!  I hadn't even know I was pregnant.  I found out through research my tubes could have healed by my lifestyle.  I do yoga daily, take vitamins, supplements, ****** with tea tree oil and water (TMI sorry).  But it all had a healing affect on my fallopian tubes.  My period started again January 4, 2009, and 15 days later I ovulated (I can always tell, even with blocked tubes).  So of course me and hubby had a date that night, hoping to make a baby girl, to go with our other daughter and two son.  Needlesss to say I missed my period.  I am now three and a half weeks late, swollen abdomen, breasts, leg cramps, headaches,feeling faint if i get up too fast  , smelling offensive odors (in my face bad!) tired, weepy, pee alot, low back pain, my legs feel weak and clumsy, and I had a round ligament pain, which I learned about AFTER I got the pain.  I never heard of it until it happened to me. I have had several water dreams and one night dreamed my husband was baking eggs in the oven ; D   I have had three faint positive hpt's, three negatives, and one negative blood test.  :?

That was last week.  Today I tested negative on a hpt again!  I called OBGYN last week and they are booked until June (for new patients).  She said if I test this week and it is a fast and dark positive to call and she can schedule me right away.  What if I don't test positive until 6 mos?  What if I have a tubal?  I am so frustrated and scared as I am high risk and I don't want to take any chances.  I would just like to know what Is wrong with me, if I'm not pregnant.  I will go back to my family Dr. and beg them to refer me to a Gyno ASAP so that I can get a sonogram.  I have a friend with thyroid problems who never tested positive through her whole pregnancy with her daughter.  I will try to keep you all updated as to how this all turns out.  Maybe I can get my own reality show  :lol: just joking.
Keeping the Faith
Wanda
Hi Jazz,

Are you also still getting your period?  My body is totally in a pregnancy state... I am getting major mood swings now too. BUT, my periods are still here..
i had a posetive pregnancy urine test 2 weeks ago i was 11 weeks late for my period  but dr put me at 7 wks gone although i didnt feel that far on last night i had servere abdominal pains as my last pregnancy was eptopic i went to a and e explaining my back and tummy pains.They did 2 urine tests and a blood test all were negative so they say i must of miscarried.Went to the drs today who says he will refer me for a scan will take a couple of weeks but i am no longer pregnant although i feel it!!!! got to take painkillers and go back to a and e if pain gets worse its fairly strong pain at the min but dont wanna waste another night in a  and e with no result.After my last eptopic i was told i wouldnt get pregnant agin as my remaining falopien tube very damaged  dont know whats going on!!!!
I shared one of my experiences with someone a little while ago. I would like to share it with all of you. In light of the fact that no matter what the discussion is, there is always that one rare case. Here are a couple for you all. My daughter was told she was eight weeks pregnant. While she was visiting me, she began bleeding. She went to the ER a few miles from my home. She was told that she had miscarried and would need a D&C. When she returned home, she visited another doctor. She was told the bleeding was from chlamydia. She contracted this from her significantly other whom I refer to as "looser". Seven months later, she gave birth to a healthy baby boy. She is still receiving bills from the ER for their miscarriage diagnosis. Story #2: I am 48 years old and very much suspecting that I am pregnant. My significant other is almost 56 years old and has never been blessed with fatherhood. Although rare, we're excited!
i am in fact very pregnant and have had negative urine and blood test my entire pregnancy. in the begining of my pregnancy i knew what dates i had concieved...and everything without getting that info from my doctor. just by paying attention to the changes in my body. i had been through 2 previous pregnancies. but they all resulted in miscarriage. i felt nauseated all the time, dizzy and fainty like i had low sugar. my breast were soooo sore, my niples were sore to the touch. even putting on my bra was so painful. i went to the emergency room one day i felt horrible. everything came back negative for pregnancy so they released me and wouldnt do any further test because they "felt" like it wasnt neccesary. my fiance believed strongly in dna and blood test and he thought i was delusional and he left me...he thought i was crazy and faking the whole entire thing. by this time i was 1 month pregnant. waited and went through with taking urine test after urine test all negative. a total of 8. my stomach is getting bigger. breast had gotten two bra sizes bigger. i gained about 15 pounds. at 10 weeks i miscarried one. thought that was the end. but there was still movement. at 12 weeks miscarried another. thought that was the end but there was still movement. had blood test takin twice. i couldnt get any medical attention because the doctors refused because they all felt like it wasnt neccesary and that i was loosing my mind. finally i had to lie to even get a sonogram done and say that i had bad abdominal pain and had been bleeding for 8 weeks. they did a sonogram and wooptie dooo....theres a baby there. everyone thought i was completely delusional, thought i was lieing...but for what?....! im fine with just having God's attention and no one elses. i dont need to lie to get anyones attention. despite everything that i had went through...seeing my baby move and yawn was sooo wonderful. im 25 weeks pregnant with one and miscarried 2. and the due date and date that i thought i had concieved matched with the doctors perfect. so ive takin a total of 8 urine test and 2 blood. all negative. and i had gotten all different types of urine test to make sure i didnt get a bad batch of test. so thats my confusing story. hope you enjoyed.
due june 7th, 2009 :)
In the middle of January I started feeling pregnant..so I took a pregnancy test. It came back positive then about one week later I started having real bad pelvic pains and started spotting..and I fainted. My boyfriend called 911 and the ambulance came and got me and took me to the hospital..They took a urine, and a blood test ant they both came back negative..oh and they also gave me a pelvic exam. I was waiting about two hours and then they finally come in the room and say I had dysfunctional uturine bleeding...the bleeding stop like two days later but I was still having all these symptoms: naseua, tender breast, eating a lot of stuff I normally didn't eat, using the bathroom every five minutes, always tired and sleepy, bloating, mood swings, headaches, and my stomach is even getting bigger..well here comes febuary I was suppose to have my period the first week I didn't have it until febuary 28-march 4...very unusual. so I went to the hospital again because I was having more pelvic pains..both the urine and the blood test comes back negative..the refuse to give me an ultrasound because the tests were negative, the said I had a cold. So the next couple of weeks I still feeling pregnant but its getting worse, my stomach is still getting bigger, I was laying down in bed and I was rubbing my stomach and it felt like my heart was beating all the way in my stomach(I felt a heartbeat), my breats are hurtting really bad my headaches are worse, I keep having pains in my stomach, I feel sick like im about to throw up when I stand up foe too long, the list goes on and on...So today I went to the doctors office and took a urine test it came back negative again and I don't know what to do I am soooooo confused somebody please help!!
Gosh this is all so good to hear, I'm so confused!

I have not been on birth control for about 3 months.  I have an irregular cycle but it has now been 48 days with only spotting.  I took 2 hpt, both negative.  Yesterday I had a blood test which came back negative as well.  I don't have to urinate often but my back aches and I'm exhausted half way through the day, I've lost 10 pounds from the flu but my stomach looks bigger than ever! I get suddenly hungry then suddenly full and what I feel like eating is way off.  I get nauseous after eating and when I wake up. Also my vision is blurry.  

Does anyone have any advise?
hi! my lmp was 11th feb its been 7 weeks since my last period, i am irregular i vary from 24- 35 days. so i am definetly late for my period now. had a blood test 3 weeks ago and it was negative, i have a pelvic ultrasound tomorrow and i am a little nervous about it, hoping for a suprise tomorrow but also not getting too excited. Have had sore breasts which now is mainly my nipples, lower back pain, tired, some on off cramping thaty lasts for approx 15-30 mins at a time. I had mild cramping 28th feb and 1st mar, thought that it was my period coming at 3 weeks, but now think it could have been ovulation cramps, as it was very mild and only on my left side. I also have found i have been going to the toilet 7-8 times a day i did hacve mild constipation last week compared to what i'm normally like. I dont know what to think, i am ttc #1 and i really hope i am pregnant but dont think i am lucky enough to get pregnant
I tooke a HPT on April 1st. my peroid was a week late. test came up pos+. i was very excited. i made an pat. with the doc. she had me take a urine test. it came up neg-, that was on April 7th. i went home sad and took another HPT which came up pos+. so i called my doc, she ordered a blood test. so on April 9th, i went in to takeit, it came up neg-. but my peroid its almost 3 weeks late. my breasts are swollen and sore. i'm peeing a lot. can't sleep at night, and i'm tired during the day. my doc won't see me cuz the tests are neg. what should i do? am i preganat? or do i have a tumor or something worse?
I have the same problem.  My last period was on March 30. They are pretty regular so it should have showed up today.  Around the 15th I started to feel nauseated occasionally. Then on the 22nd I started spotting, and developed more preg symptoms. I have taken a few HPTs and they are all negative, and today I had a qualitive blood test, which was also negative. My breasts are very sore, especially my nipples (my nipples are never sore during PMS) and I am also very tired all the time.  I have been getting very light cramps for the last week. I have already had 3 babies and I remember how I felt in the beginning of each pregnancy.....Is it possible that the qualitive test could have been wrong?
you were feeling ill around the time of ovulation and would not be feeling pregnancy sympmtoms till now

your blood test said your not prengant...your not
I'm sixteen and even though i havent been pregnant before i feel that i'm pregnant.
i've been having tender/sore breasts for over 3 months, nausea, sleepy, tired all the time and gained some weight i've had 4 negative urine tests and 1 negative blood test but my belly keeps growing
My boyfriend is the only one that believes me
with all the negative tests my mom just says that i'm making up the symptoms in my head.
...
I'm confused and need help!
I also can feel now some "poking like" feeling especially at night but don't if its gases.

Still no news...my period is 12 weeks late, and still no period. I have taken 7 home pregnacy tests some pos+ and some neg-. All tests with the doctor are neg-. I have been really tired and my breasts are sore and swollen. I am going to planned parenthood on Monday to hopefully get a sonogram. 3months and no period...I must be pregnant.
I went to the doctor on monday...turns out i was right. I was pregnant...However, I had a missed misscarage at 11 weeks. It's sad. I went to planned parenthood, i told them i was three months pregnant and having cramping hoping to get an ultrasound. well i had to take a pregnacy test first. i told them it may come back as a neg-. to my surpise it was pos+ my honey and i were excited! only to see nothing but the left overs of my baby.
because you got postive preganancy test..it was known you were pregnant...its common to get false negatives but not falst positives and you getting postives and then negatives can mean a few things the main thing being that your were pregnant and your hcg levels then lowered to the point of being undetectable on a hpt.

sorry for your loss
Well, I guess I'll join the forum too, Las month I got my period on May y 9th, the next day was normal fluid, but then it stopped and I just like a pinkysh spotting for two days, now is june 10th a month later and i got no period already for 5 days now. I had a urine and blood test a week after i got my period last month but they were both negative. I have a docotor's appoitment today, and will have an ultrasound and blood test done to see whats going on. The funny thing is that I keep on having headaches, lower back pain (not too severe), eating more than usual, fatigued, and my breast been hurting for a month already, and my , but I really dont wanna imagine that sumthing else besides pregnancy is going on, cuz if im not then sumthing really wrong must be going on in my body.

Oh another thing is that I have never been late or had a one day period like i did last month. I ussually get my period either at the 28th day or 29th, but not later or earlier than that.
I been reading all this posts, but I c two people here that after a month of not having their period they got it. I just dont wanna get all excited and then nothing happens.
well, I have been reading thiese posts and they have been helping me a great deal.  I did two home tests which were negative.  I did a dr's pee test and it was negative.  I did a blood test and it was negative.  I have only spotted on my period when it came and went. Only one bad cramp yesterday.  I have been an emotional time bomb.  Erratic outbursts, crying over everything.  I also have a liitle bit of liquid coming out of my still very sore breasts.  My last period was May 8th, 2009.  I don't plan to get my hopes up and crushed again.  I am just glad I am not the only one who has gone through this.  Also, I have a copper IUD and would definitely want the baby.
hey girl, dont loose ur hopes, I Got my results back and they were positive, so im really happy an excited... The same thing happened to me, so u could wait another month like i did and since my period didnt come i went did another blood test and it was positive like i said. good luck!!!
HI LADIES, I BEEN READING ALOT OF THESE LATLEY SO HERES MY STORY MY LMP WAS APRIL 25, 2009 IT IS NOW JUNE 12, 2009 NO SIGN OF PERIOD AT ALL NO SYMPTOMS NOTHING! I AM VERY CONFUSED I HAVE TAKNEN NUMEROUS PREGNANT TEST PLUS ONE DOCTOR URINE TEST ALL NEG SO I REALLY DONT KNO RITE NOW I HAVE READ ALOT OF MY SIMILAR SITUATION SO I FEEL LIKE MY RESULTS COULD GO 50/50 . ME AND MY BOYFRIEND WAS TRYIN FOR A BABY THEN AFTER NO SUCCESS HE WANTED NOT TO TRY ANY LONGER =( BUT YET HE COUNTIES TO *** IN ME (sorry to much info) SO NOW I AM 3 WEEKS LATE AND WILL BE CONSIDERED 7 WEEKS LADIES PLZ HELP I REALLY WANNA KNO YALL STORIES AND KEEP YA POSTED ON MINE!

you would be almost 7 weeks pregnant. if you were pregnant. you would have gotten a postive test. you can get a blood test but it doesnt sound like your pregnant. there could be a number of things not causing you to get your period
THX MA! WILL KEEP YA POSTED BUYIN A NOTHER TEST TODAY AND GOIN TO THE DOC JUNE 20, 2009 IF I MISS A SECOND M/C
O AND I HAVENT TAKEN A TEST IN A WHILE TAKEN ONE TODAY! THX FOR YA INPUT THO MA!
Can someone please help...i feel like i am going insane!!! I went back on the pill for 3 months after being off it for 7 yrs and then came to the end of the pack on the 30th March and had sex on the 2nd of April. I had very light bleeding a few days later and my periods have always been like clockwork....5 days very heavy and painful, even when i come off the pill. I felt very strange from that moment on, just like something wasn't right. When my period was due the end of April i had 1 day of very very light bleeding and then Mays was slightly heavier. I have all the classic symptons of being pregnant, tiredness yet can't sleep, very emotional and mood swings, sore breasts, waves of nausea, stomach bloated out and feeling hard, generally feeling wrecked yet i've never looked better! I can understand most of the symptons could be something else but my stomach and breasts look like someones drawn on me with a felt tip......i have never had any veins showing before yet now they won't go away! lol And my nipples are so sore which again has never happened (after a boob job i lost most of the feeling in them) but now they are killing me. I have done numerous pregnancy tests and all were negative and the drs did a urine test in april which was also negative. I have had 4 miscarriages prev and never felt anything like i do now. My drs have since done blood tests to rule out other possible reasons for feeling as i do, but as the urine test they did was negative they never actually did a blood test for pregnancy. She's just saying that the way i'm feeling is down to my IBS, which i've had for yrs (but never experienced anything like this with it) and when she did a vaginal examination she just mentioned that i had thick white thrush like discharge.....but never actually gave me any medication for it (which surely if it was thrush she could'v eprescribed me something!) Surely nearly 3 solid months of feeling like **** is just wrong??!! So is it possible i am pregnant?
Please ladies someone give me some hope that I'm not crazy! Here's my story...My last period was 4/28 and it was quite normal. I believe that I ovulated around 5/18 and my fiance and I were very active every day around that time. I had what I thought to be implantation bleeding (very very light) on 5/23. I've taken about 8 hpts in the past month and a blood test today and all NEG! I've been following the week by week pregnancy symptoms and I have ALLLLLL of them! Please explain to me how my bo