later found out pregnant after negative blood and urine tests?.............
Simple question here, has anyone ever had a negative blood test and negative urine test and went on with their daily routine and a month or so later found out you were in fact pregnant while having ultrasound done. If this has happened to anyone or perhaps someone you know, please respond, I'd appreciate the information. Thanks.

ms_smiles
I love reading everyone's posts.  I felt so alone and as if something was wrong with me.  I had a mc in december at 11 weeks.  My period came in January BUT hasn't come for Febuary-it is a week late and I've always had regular cycles.  I had a blood test, and several urine tests which all came back negative.  I feel pregnant but hope that it is not all in my head because I want to be so badly.  Any support would be great!

sweetangel7
definitly have had the same things occur, reading this page calms me quite a bit as im still waiting for the blood test to come back as it is now the weekend, but ok went of b/c december 1st, lmp december 23, had unprotected sex with my serious bf on the 1st of january (ovulating time), did a pregnancy test in january positive, a lil nervous and thought it was soon and faint, waited til february did another it was positive as well, went to the doctor in the afternoon at the end of february on friday, i had alot to drink that and everything so im wondering if it was dilute urine, and the drs pregnancy test came back negative, i did three hpt directly after that and they all came back negative>>>? ive been taking pics for the last 5 weeks and my tummy below seems to keep extending like crazy, and my blood is still at the lab, i havent had a decent period in the last couple months, just pink/brown spotting that most say is just old blood, ive had swollen ankles, bleeding gums, changing breast veins (some discharge clear), and back and hip pain, so i truly believe im pregnant, and not that i want to be like a phantom pregnancy cuz im in college, but me and my bf could definitly be ok with that cuz we've been together along time and are getting a place together, i read on one site of a women getting pregnancy test all negative except the blood test until she was 5/6 months along, im adopted as well so i dont have any contact with my own mother to see if there is some correlation with all of these symptoms either, but truly with me continually getting bigger i believe that I must be pregnant somehow, im in nursing school and have used my stethoscope as well down there and found a distinct heartbeat that cant be my own, different rhythm....so hopefully i find out on monday :D if not i still will wait and find out for another month i should feel some movement thx all
wow what a trip! u look pregnant! iv'e been preg 5 times and trust me u look pregnant! with my last baby i took 4 pregancy tests and all neg then a blood test and neg.finally it showed positve.you have all the tale tale signs.the only thing is you look 4-6 months along? keep me posted. thanks
Please read!  57 year old woman finds out she's 30 weeks pregnant:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=541608&in_page_id=1879&in_page_id=1879&expand=true#StartComments
I should have started my peroid on March 21 and have not yet. I took a test Friday at 9pm and it came back neg. I just had an IUD removed on Feb. 12 and had a normal 30 day peroid on Feb. 21. I'm always 30 days. I'm wondering if I'm just late from all the changes from the removal of my COPPER IUD or if i might actually be pregnant. How many weeks were you when your tests were coming back neg? I have a 6 year old that i had no problems getting preg. with. I'm just waiting now thinking maybe i'll start.  Do you think I should take another test in a few days?
They have always been negative.  I started taking HPTs when I was a week late.  Got a negative blood test at 9 weeks.  The last time I tested was at 18 weeks.  Still negative. I am now 23 weeks, look and feel very pregnant.
i am having the same problem i had the implanon in had it removed 24 jan had anormal period 20 feb but nothing sinceim experiencing the lower back pains cramping in lower stomach tired  vomiting done load of hpt all neg and blood test thurday which was neg totally confused if i was id be 5 1/2 weeks could this still be too soon with my other children i tested pos before i was due a period at about 3 weeks
I have a 2 yr old already and I am using the birth control patch so my periods are regular...here goes...  Jan 26 - feb 1 = scheduled period, Had unprotected sex feb 10...started period (bleeding) again feb 12-20 (took b/c off on 14th feb)....March 21 bleeding heavy....22 no blood....25 light spotting brown....27 very light blood during all this I have been feeling like period pains but mostly  dull persistant pain sometimes shooting down the right side of vaginal wall contin. down inside of right leg.. I found breathing through them have helped. Have done 2 HPT one in feb & one mar 22 both neg. Have been to doctors but have been referred to an obgyn will still be another month b4 I even see obgyn. Does this make sense to anyone please let me know...I have used a symptom checker on the internet and leads to miscarry or cervical cancer...Should I wait to see obgyn or go to hospital? some days worse then others.   Unsure of what to do my family doctor blew me off told me to take advil for the pain. Tried advil once took 2 didn't work, tried heating pad hurt even more. Really scared.
ive not had period for 2 months. had my tubes tied -blood &urine tests but i feel something moving &pressing under ribs like when i was pregnant. can i be has this happened to anyone else?.
I am on cycle day 46.  17 days late going by my normal 28 day cycles.  If pregnant I would be about 6 weeks.  I have ALWAYS been regular.  I took several hpt's, all negative.  I went to my family doctor and had a urine test done, negative.  My family doctor had me come back in last Monday for a blood test, which was also negative.  I had an appointment with my Ob/Gyn today.  I had such high hopes.  I expected that he would examine me and possibly do an ultra-sound, but he didn't.  All he did was give me another urine sample, that came out negative also.  He talked to me in his office and gave me a prescription to start my period.  I have been having all the pregnancy symptoms.  I asked him why I would not have started my period.  He told me that I must not have ovulated.  I have never been late on my periods besides when I was pregnant.  I have two children already ages 11 and 6.  Last year I had two misscarriages.  Is it possible to be pregnant and it not show up on urine or blood tests?  Has this happened to anyone?  I am worried about taking the prescription he prescribed in case I am pregnant.  I don't know what to do.
I had a little boy in October 07 and i started birth control in early novenber. i got off birth control at the end of january anf my last period was feb 5th through feb11th. i have not had a period since and eventhough ive taken a million home preg tests and had a blood test come back negative i still have ALL the symptoms! heart burn...bloating...headaches...backaches...peeing constantly...EVERYTHING!!! i do not have insurance so its not like i can just go to my family doc...but i need to see whats going on!!!??? does anyone have any advice...?
It was good reading all of this.. I'm glad to see i wasn't along with all my confusion that has been going on these past few months.

Now.. if none of us are pregnant... then what's causing all our bodies to give off pregnancy symptoms? And i've also read about phantom pregnancies..  but i can assure you that i in NO way want to be pregnant.

in fact..... it would not be a very good thing if i was..
: ///

still.. this is very interesting to me..

What really gets me.. is the lack of care and concern the doctors have for you when you are showing all the rest of the pregnancy symptoms.  They solely go on  test results.. but then.. what are the reasons behind everything else?

I wish they were more thorough. It would definitely put my mind at ease..
I was due to start my period 4/21 hasnt come yet and I FEEL VERY pregnant! I took two blood test and 6 HPT all NEGATIVE. My Doc says to wait until my next due date for period which is 5/19 if no period then we will repeat all hormone test and do and US! This is so freaky! Im scared and worried!!! I have been menstrating since I was 13 now 35 NEVER MISSED one period and Im on a strict 28 day cycle may have been off a day or two here and there! So stressed and confused! I dont  understand.  She said I definetly ovulated the month before because my pegesterone was 9.5 it wouldnt be above 6 if I didnt ovulate. So what the hell!!? If I didnt get pregnant where the heck is my period!!!! I thought when you ovulate you have a period afterwards?
Welp this past monday i went to the doctor and i took the blood test. it came out negative. i also took 6 hpt which are also negative. but then i still feel pregnant. i'm like having all the sign of be pregnat. my signs are: breast tenderness, nausea, cramps (back, shoulder, abdomen), bloating, constipation. frequent u.rinating. i've been constipated for 6.5 weeks now. but all the tes came out negative. doe anyone know what is going on? (i have irregular period, last period was on jan 13)
I wish I could help you Im sitll confused myself!!!!!
I have a Doc appt tomorrow to get more test.  
I was conversing with another woman in the same boat. Her story was...Back in October of last year her period was due 11/13 didnt come of course.  She said she took SEVERAL HPT and 2 blood ALL NEGATIVE.  Finally when her Doc gave her a RX for provera to start her period she was tested one more time 12/9 almost a month later she FINALLY GOT a positive blood test.  Her Docs theory is she just ovulated VERY late in her cycle that month!!! How crazy is that!!? It took almost a WHOLE month for her to show positive for pregnant.  I mean you are alittle further than a month though.  Have you got an ultrasound?  I read blogs were women didnt get a positive test result at all and got an ultrasound and found a quite viable baby in the uterus!!
Hello people I have being on the womans forum and was askin Questions and people on there think im stupied and im NOT. Anyways I had all the preg symptomstook a HPT and took a blood test and they were all negitive the other day went for a ultra sound and indeed im 9 wks pregnant the girls are smart over there they know what they are talking about but not in my case. They say it is impossible took have a negitive blood test and still be pregnant ?  Well i really wish i can prove them wrong. They made me so mad with what they said I called them Buttholes I shouldn't have but at the time was upset with the way that they think someone would lie about something like this. I know what it feels like to be pregnant and I already have 3 kids so i think i should know.
Gen, we don't think you are stupid at all.

You have an IUD in.  You had multiple negative HPTs.  You had a negative blood pregnancy test.  Then the next day you said you had an ultrasound that showed you were 9 weeks pregnant.

Then you said the doctor explained that your tests were negative because you are anemic.

1.  No doctor would ever say your blood test was negative b/c of anemia.  It is not true, anemia has nothing to do with a pregnancy test.  A doctor would never say that.
2. When did the doctor test your iron level?  You said "I paid $250 for an ultrasound".  They would not do an iron test if you simply went for an ultrasound.   There would be no reason to.  That, and other tests, are done when you do for your first prenatal visit, which you have to  make an appt for when you discover you are pregnant.  They don't just do an iron test, they do a whole battery of tests that are sent out, then at the next visit, they discuss the results.
3.  What is your due date?
4.  You said the doctor was concerned about the pregnancy due to the Mirena IUD you have in place.  When are they doing the next HCG level?  Its done every 2-3 days.  If your first was negative...what is his plan for deciding if the pregnancy was viable?

Just wondering.  
** Well I had gotten pregnant because the IUD dislodged itself.
**  I had one positive test & two neg.
**  The iron test was done right when  I got all the syptoms.

**  And I don't have all the money to get all the test and a ultrasound so I did that first I don't have insurance.
** My due date if the baby makes it because the IUD made my uterus lining thin is Dec 21
** I went to the doc and they drawed blood and they said the next one would next month.
** And I'm not sure what his plan is for the viable she said they are going to keep a close watch on me.
When I was pregnant I had anemia but I still got a positive pregnancy test.  If they were concerned with the pregnancy, they would not wait a complete month before checking your HCG levels again.  Again, peek said we don't think that you are a liar but perhaps you need to see another doctor that would pay more closer attention to you.  Plus, you never told us that you did get a positive at any point.  You said that you got all negative tests.  This is different and may have led to getting different responses from us.  Peek is a Labor and Delivery nurse so she is extremely knowledgable about this stuff.  I do hope you go see another doctor.  Good luck.
No I had a positive the first one neg the second was positive and the third was neg. So ur telling that the need to check my HCG level sooner then that.