later found out pregnant after negative blood and urine tests?.............
Simple question here, has anyone ever had a negative blood test and negative urine test and went on with their daily routine and a month or so later found out you were in fact pregnant while having ultrasound done. If this has happened to anyone or perhaps someone you know, please respond, I'd appreciate the information. Thanks.

ms_smiles
Yes, they need to check it immediately to see if the numbers are doubling.  That's how they can tell if you will have a viable pregnancy.  When you went for the ultrasound did you see a heartbeat?
the doctor im seeing is the Doctor who delivered my other three and my middle one was a preemie and wasn't to be deliverd here cause he was so tiny but had to be I couldn't make it to tennessee
see things just dont add up.... good luck tho
yes and no? the saw one but not much of one the said it was to weak and something no right  there sending me to gainsville to get another u/s done there sorry for type o's very upset
Did you see a heartbeat on the ultrasound? If you are this far along you would be able see a heartbeat. And they need to be checking your hcg level every 2-3 days to make sure it is doubling.  I had a previous miscarriage and with my last pregnancy I had to have my hcg levels every 2 days to make sure it was doubling. I had my hcg level checked 3 times.
Did you see a heartbeat on the ultrasound?
If it was weak then they would have had you come back to check it again.  They wouldn't take the chance in having you miscarry and if the miscarriage doesn't come naturally they would have to schedule you for a D&C.  When are you supposed to have this other ultrasound done?
Yes but very weak one I go to gainsville monday. I ll give them a call to c if i can get in today to have this done and ask them why they aren't doind it every 2-3 day Now im scared thier screwing up OMG
Im going to go to doctor as a walk in and wait all day if i have to i started cramping bad last night, And i think i know whats coming next;.(
Well I really hope everything turns out for the best.  Do what you need to do for piece of mind.  Good luck.
I meant "peace of mind" not "piece of mind"....geesh.  It's still early.
Not sure what never had to deal with this kind of thing before Well almost with my middle son he was 2 pounds when he was born but he's here today so.......Thanks
Hi all, (I hope you're still here!)
My last period was on March 21st, about 9 weeks ago. I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend since April 5th (and I felt myself ovulate two days later, I am pretty sure). I have taken about 6 pregnancy tests and all were negative, except for one Safeway brand that was so so so faint it could have been negative but maybe positive. My ob-gyn did a urine test four weeks ago and it was negative, he said to wait 4 weeks and then try again. I did a home test and it's still negative! I do not know what to do--I am afraid if I go to the doctor he will say we should induce my period. I've missed two periods now.
Thank you sooo much!
i too am glad to know im not alone in this, my last period was april 19th so im now two weeks late, i too have alot of symptoms you name it whatever but i've heard and read about it alot... anyways i posted a questions before about having been told by a doctor that i can not get pregnant which hurts me soo much even people took it wrong by saying something u dont wanna hear.. but i didnt give up i tell my husband i can have all the babies i want from this stomach when i want to, evetually i missed my period and have soo many symptoms, even my breast are getting bigger nad sore in the same time, so yeah fingers crossed!! im hoping to get my result of being pregnant by the end of the months.

my cousin was pregnant at the age16 and she have the same symptoms i have now, she tried a test and ended up positive, went for a check up and find out she was 1 week pregnant.

my other cousin of 19 years old at the same time was pregnant too, she went in four times for a check up at the hopst and all her results and tests came out negative, but later on find out she was five months prego.. so yeah by all means we all have a our chances of being pregnant, just let the body work its way through to take care of whatevers in there! i like what others comments r! trust in blood.. if it doesnt show up it only means were pregnant!!
im sorry but i have no positive advice to add but I too am in the same boat as all these other ladies. My last period started April 11, it was normal for me..very heavy and lasted 7 days. Then on May 1st, two weeks later I had about 4 days of very very light spotting..it was light pink and dark brown..never enough to put a pad on..it was only when I wiped, NOTHING like my regular period. After that, my period never came and now it has been 26 days. My next period is due this weekend. I have a few other pregnancy symptoms other than the obvious. I have had some cramping, feeling like im going to start type of cramping and then I never do. I have had head aches and my nipples have been a little sensitive, also a little bit of nausea. But most of all i have been exhausted. Just wanting to take naps at all times of the day. I have taken 4 hpts and all negative and yesterday I went to a clinic and had a urine test done and it was negative as well. I am almost 4 weeks late, do you think its possible I am pregnant?
On May 24th My Husband and I decided that I would go off my b/c and try for our first child. We have been married for two years and are both 21 years old. We told my parents and my mom said that it only took her a month to get prego with me and my brother after being off b/c. So May 26th I had my period and as usually it lasted 5 days. A month later June 24th I was expecting my period. Nothing so I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Wednesday Still no signs of period so I took another hpt. This time I made sure I got the Expensive, digital, 99.9% correct ones. PREGNANT! Super excited, I even took pictures! On Thursday I took another one just to confirm and it came back negative. On friday I got really sick and had a high fever that lasted 2 days. On Monday I decided to go to the Dr to see about my sickness and get a blood test. Blood test came back negative. The doctor said that I just had a viral infection and that it is common for women to miss a period after getting off b/c. But something didn't seem right. Now I have not had a period in 1 month and 14 days and I am 3 weeks late from my last missed period. I have signs of pregnancy like fatigue, nausea, sore breasts/nipples, dizziness, a tight felling and small cramps in my stomach. Am I making myself have these symptoms because I want to be pregnant so bad? I feel like I am going crazy!  I was really upset for a while after I found out the blood test said Negative. After getting congrats from family and friends we had to tell them that it was a false alard. Not an easy thing to do! Reading this forum has helped I have read that sometimes it could take 4 weeks to know or longer. Does anyone have any advice while I wait it out?
I took 4 hpt different brands and 2 came invalid 1 negative and 1 possitive and blood test negative and thats my first time that I didnt have my period im regular Im 24 days late  on the next day I supposed to have my period  I got  a little brownish spott for one day and cramps all day and get worst at bedtime and nauseas well at ER they said unknown pain and they give me Vicodin they said they are sure Im not pregnant because a blood test is more  accurate than HPT but why I got a Possitive  they test me for infections or std and nothing show up so I am confused I feel like Im pregnant but they said Im not .
hi
this is cindy here ,I have been trying for a baby for now 1 yr and my periods r never on time i am between 27-43 days can vary so yer its very hard i know.....well i am due about now well anytime from now, and i have been sick for 9 days vomiting ,nauses,tired,sore muscles,loss of appetite,bloated stomach... and i am so convinced i am preg i had a result from a blood test back today and came neg,,,,, Can i still be pregnant...could i have possibly just tested too early!!! i am so confused  dr said it must be a virus... i dont beleive so :(
I have read every reply to this question, and all I can say is WOW. I truly though something was seriously wrong with me. I am 19 (seems young but I have been living on my own since I had just turned 17. My last period was from August 23rd to August 28th. I went of b/c in July of '07 because they were causing me health problems. I finally got my period back in January of this year and started tracking it. It was due to come ever 35 to 39 days with 37 being the norm. I tend to remember when I am due because it is a day or two after my last period ends. Say August 28th was the last day of 1 period the next should start September 29th or 30th. Anyway. It's been about 10 weeks and no sign of aunt flow. I have taken 2 HPT in the beginning of October (a week apart) and both came up as negative. I srugged it off as stress or something. My next period is due tomorrow or the next day and I have no signs of it starting, I even stopped bring tampons with me in my bag. I have had some pregnancy symptoms like slight nausea and tiredness. My breast have gone up from a D to an E cup (they last grew when I started b/c in '06). I am going to wait until the 10th if this month before I try and get an appointment at the doctors. I was just wondering, could I be pregnant? I always used b/c (condoms and such). I am starting to wonder. My mother seemed happy at the thought that I could be... Anyway, what do you guys think...
You and I are about on the same cycle. I went off b/c in May and was really careful in June and July. I checked my temp and aimed for ovulation in August and Sept. My last period was September 4th and I skipped the one in October, aside from what I thought might be implantation bleeding. This was extremely light, only on the toilet paper for a day or two... Anyway...today is NOV. 4th. I should be voting right now but instead I am worried about being pregnant There are no signs that I might start AF today or tomorrow. I have taken, like, 15 HPTs all negative and had one blood test -> NEG. What in the world? I have been all over the Internet and it seems that it happens, although not commonly, that women can test negative and still be pregnant. I would love to be pregnant or I could wait. The problem is ....that I am the captain of an adult soccer team that starts another season next week. Additionally I will be joining my city ski club on Friday when I can get some discounts. I am extremely active and feel like I need to know NOW whether or not I'm pregnant so that I can plan accordingly. Another wrench in my life is that I start nursing school in January. I'll have the summer off to have a baby if it comes to that. Geez.  Also--- to everyone-- I would highly recommend keeping these problems to yourself (except the significant male) and maybe your best friend or just your mom. I, myself, have chosen not to tell a soul. My mother-in-law has anxiety issues and I am not prepared to deal with the harassment and advise from her or my step-mom or even my mom. I have threatened my husband with his life to keep this secret. (not really) I am hoping to get into the OBGYN by the end of this week and have an Ultrasound soon after. I may end up talking, in confidence, to a good friend of mine. I'm going crazy and I need a definitive answer.

One more thing. I am reading another rummor on different sites that if you are pregnant with twins that your HcG can be so high that a blood test wouldn't register it. I don't know how much truth there is to this but I did find one published paper on NCBI that supported this.