leaking after burch precidure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

leaking after burch precidure

I had a tvt sling put in in 2009 and it turned out it was a failure ,then in 2010 i had a birch precidure and a histerectomy  .I m still leaking during exercise or even a walks.I don't know what to do anymore.What should i do at this point.

This discussion is related to Leaking again after Burch Procedure (m)...
I to had a tvt sling put in in 2005 and it failed.  My doctor sent me to vanderbilt University medical center to a urogynecologist.  That is a Dr that specializes in women pelvic issues such as  yours or in vaginal prolapse  .  Also several TVT mesh tapes manufactured by 9 companies have failed and caused erosion into bladder, colon, and blood vessels  resulting in  surguries for mesh removal.  This also causes your incontience to return.     If it were me I would find a urogynecologist to go see and find out if I have one of those mesh tapes that failed.    You can do an internet search under pelvic mesh lawsuits  and get information.   You can find out what type of mesh was used by getting a copy of your op report from the medical records at the hospital where your surgery was performed.  I know that CRBard, johnson and johnson gynacort, and american medical systems are some of the mesh that has been failing.    
Good luck
Hello, I am wondering if you are still under the care of the vandy urogyne? I had the TVT done there by one of those so called "specialist" and want to know if they have done anything to help you. Since they are one of the BIGGEST pushers of the eticon/gynecare TVT I can't imagine anyone coming out of there intact. THANK YOU dan in KY.