leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

leg pain

First off Im only a 25 year old woman. Ive been having alot of pains in my left leg just below my knee, toward the inside of my leg. I am also feeling the pain all through out the rest of my leg. the pain is just worse near my knee, it also hurts worse when Im walking. For the past year or so Ive been having some type of problem with twitching in my nerves not sure what it is but, I was thinking maybe that might be why my leg has been bothering me but im not sure ??? At first I was thinking it might be a blood clot but not so sure anymore about anything. Can anyone shed any light on my situation please?
Causes of leg pain include:

Dehydration or low amounts of potassium, sodium, calcium, or magnesium in the blood, muscle fatigue or strain from overuse, too much exercise, or holding a muscle in the same position for a long time, strain, stress fracture, tendonitis, Shin splints -- pain in the front of your leg related to overuse or repetitive pounding, claudication, osteomyelitis,osteoarthritis, nerve damage - Sciatic nerve pain (radiating pain down the leg) caused by a slipped disk in the back., Benign tumors or cysts of the femur or tibia and osteosarcoma.

All these causes need to be ruled out by physical examination and investigations.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.