leg swelling and bloating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

leg swelling and bloating

Hi, I am 19 years old and a normal weight. For the past year and a half I have been experiencing swollen legs and stomach bloating. The leg swelling primarily affects my calves, and somewhat my thighs, but it doesn't extend to my ankles or feet. It is non-pitting and gets worse as the day goes on. I usually wake up with my calves back to normal size, but they progressively swell throughout the day, with them at their worst at night. I also have stomach and digestive issues, and bloating has been another constant symptom. I have cut out gluten, soy, dairy, and corn from my diet, and my stomach problems have improved somewhat, but the bloating is still a problem and it also gets worse towards the end of the day. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same type of leg swelling I have, non-pitting and not affecting the ankles. I have seen countless doctors and have been through numerous tests and they have confirmed there is nothing wrong with my heart or vital organs. So I figured I would check if anyone else has had the same symptoms as me. Thanks for reading! Any and all suggestions are appreciated!
hmmm i haven't heard of that before. D: i can only imagine how much of a pain that must be to deal with that every single day! im not really sure what to say about this but i did a little research and found another post that was on here and it seems to coincide with yours a bit. if you havent seen this, the link is
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Womens-Health/unexplained-bloating-or-swelling-of-hands--arms--and-feet/show/30027

maybe it could give you some clues as to what could possibly be going on.

Common causes of ankle swelling include  traumatic Injury such as an ankle sprain or a fracture, gout (accumulation of uric acid crystals within the fluid of your ankle),ankle arthritis, infection (cellulitis or septic joint), problems with blood flow like DVT can impair normal circulation and lead to swelling around the ankles, pregnancy, obesity, and varicose veins.

Edema can be caused by a serious condition of the kidney, heart, liver or blood vessels, but many other factors can contribute to its onset, including: Eating a poor diet high in salt and carbohydrates , Abusing laxatives,diuretics, drugs, sodium retention, varicose veins, allergic reactions and neuromuscular disorders.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

hi i have the exact symtoms (symptoms) as you this is driving me crazy,i always look thin in mornings and as day goes on ,weather i starve or eat i always look fat .i have pain and my legs are swollen and sore .they keep saying nothing wrong but it ruining my life
Hi, I am a little older in my 50; but I have that problem and I have stopped eating bread for a while and I am taking Epsom salt, (I make my own capsules) and vein circulation capsules.
My stomach is much better and has gone down, however I am still having problems with constipation and leg cramps. I plan on changing my diet and rule out things, before I go to the doctor.
I've had the same symptoms you describe for about one year: non-pitting edema in the thighs and legs, and severe abdominal bloating. I've cut out grains, soy, dairy, eggs, and nightshades to no help. Have you been able to find any relief since posting this three years ago? If so, I'd love to know what you've learned.