Women's Health Community
levonorgestrel as an emergency contraceptive
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

levonorgestrel as an emergency contraceptive

so early monday morning , my boyfriend and i were having sex and our condom broke . i have levonorgestrel at my disposal , but i haven't used it as a regular birth control . we had a similar situation a few months ago , and i used 4 pills of levonorgestrel immediately , & then 4 more in 12 hours following the first dosage , as recommended by a university healthcare website . everything worked out fine , & i felt very mild abdominal pain .
i tried the same method the day after this more recent incident occurred , but after taking the second dose , i began vomiting uncontrollably for the following 9 hours . since i threw up the pills , is it safe for me to try this method again ?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1809109_tn?1331807377
You're using regular birth control pills in a higher dose to replace an emergency contraception? Honestly that doesn't sound safe at all! Vomiting for 9 hours is a big red flag and I think you should see a dr, especially if you're still doing this. Definitely don't take any more pills because they could seriously harm your body. Talk to a dr about a regular form of birth control considering you can harm your body by taken even FDA approved emergency contraception more than a couple times a year. It really is a very extreme thing to do to a body and the hormones, also a regular form of birth control is better at preventing pregnancy then emergency contraception and usually has a lot less side effects.

Please don't take any more of these pills even if there are extensive studies showing it's ok to use them as emergency contraception, vomiting for several hours means you're body cannot handle it. Also be very careful because excessive vomiting can lead to dehydration which can be deadly. So if you ever vomit like this again go straight to the er.
Blank
thank you so much ! it was just that this form of ec has worked before & it wasn't working right this time so i was just wondering , but thanks again !
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank