lil' prob. w/ my foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

lil' prob. w/ my foot

Hey! How are ya'll tonight? I got a question for ya. The bottom of my left foot is killin me! The back of my foot. On the place that looks like the top of a roll. to about the middle of my foot. It hurts to walk. On the side of my foot where the roll meets the arch there is a swollen place. It hurts like a son of a gun! it came on a little bit yesterday, but nothing bad. I have been on my feet all day and now it's throbbing. I hope all that made sence. It's kinds hard to explain. Anybody have an idea? i am majorly flatfooted too, if that helps. I do work out a lot...... ok, . maybe not a lot. lol....... 3x a week. lol Kids won't give me a foot rub, so I guess I'll suffer. Pleaase help me if ya can. thanks!
Does it feel like you are stepping on something? Is there any redness or other discoloration?
yeah, it's a little pink and it deos feel like I'm stepping on something.Do you have any idea's?? it's really hurtin!
I had something very similar happen to me a few years ago.  Did it seem to come out of nowhere?  When I went to the doctor, she said I had cellulitis, which is a bacterial infection.  It cleared up with antibiotics and a special lotion.
Oh, gosh. So, ya have to go to the doctor about it? That stinks. I'l look it up and see if that sounds like it. thanks!
No, i don't think that's it. It deeper down. Not a bump on the outside. Make sence? Mines more swollen. about the size of a 50cent peice. Maybe a tad bigger. Not much though. I dunno what it could be. hmmm.
I'm not sure then.  Maybe you could keep an eye on it, ice it maybe, and see if the swelling goes down.  Keep us posted!
It sounds like what they call a "stone" bruise.  You need to take ibuprophen or aleve to help with inflamation (inflammation).  Not much you can do other than that.

(I used to work for an orthopedic foot surgeon and this quite common and I even had it myself)
I've had a sore throat too. It's feelin a little better now. Just feels lke I have something in my throat.  No, I haven't been to the doctor. I got it three days after I got back from the doc's.
I was in a ballet company through high school and I think I know the kind of pain you're talking about... I ALWAYS had something wrong w/ my feet. For me I'd just ice them or find something hard and round - like a big marble or a golf ball or if you have one of those massage things they work well - to roll around across the bottom of my heel and up through my arch and that relieved it temporarily from what I remember.
I never really knew of an actual injury or cause, it just happens. However, take a look at this link

http://www.ksdk.com/printfullstory.aspx?storyid=55401ever
Hmm, I've heard of that.What causes it an how long before it'll get better?
thanks all of ya. I have been doing a different kind of workout. It has a lot more jumping - I have been trying to do the high impact ones.  I have noticed that my foot goes numb after a while. i think my shoes are to tight. their new. I hate'em. I thought about getting an arch support. think it will help??  I stayed home from workinout today. I'm gonna let it heal. I'll just do the weights for a few days. thanks for all the great advice and diagnosis.
Might try looking up tendonitis.
you've just been listen to glad2be too much lately...LOL..
seriously, it sounds like something i had before. it does go away but are you putting too much pressure on it when you are standing? i know you are sitting a lot while here on the computer hee,hee but when we stand for long periods we need to switch the pressure to the other side every now and then. did you try soaking it in epsom salt? you can soak it while you chat with us here!
maybe its one of those things like you had behind your ear when you are coming down with a virus but this time its in your foot! (smiley face)!
Thirty's commin, I'm fallin apart! I do lave a little bucket. I could see if my big ol' foot will fit. lol If not and I can't sit here, then I'll just suffer. lol
No, it hurts all the time, but more when I am on my feet a long time.  I wish it would go away.  thanks though.