Aa
A
A
Close
lomexin ovule 600mg for pregnant
hi! this is honeycured of UAE. my OB prescribed me lomexin ovule 600mg.she told me to use it for 3 days.but i've read the literature of the medicine that its not recommended in pregnancy.i'm 32 weeks pregnant now.should i discontinue usin it or what?pls help.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It's an antifungal.  You're ob wouldn't have prescribed it if it wasn't necessary especially as he's dealing with your pregnancy.

Many medications have pregnancy and breastfeeding warnings on their packets because they cannot be tested effectively on pregnant or breastfeeding mums (it's not deemed ethical and can't get past a human ethics commitee).  A lot of medications are fine while pregnant and it's just the drug companies covering themselves as they don't have the research to 'prove' its okay even if lots of women have used it safely in pregnancy.

The benefits of using the medication will outweigh the risks to the baby.  Your OB probably thinks it's the best medication for what you need.

There are others ie clotrimazole or fluconazole but they may not be quite as effective.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
4 hrs ago
Blank
2093372 tn?1473261554