longer period and blood clots
i am 19 years old, and lately i have been experiencing very clotty and longer periods. i think i have been on my period for about a month. and before this i used to get my period every 2-3 months. so i always had a weird period. my doctor said it could be because of my weight. so i lost weight and it still didnt make a difference. so then i was on birth control but i had to get off of it because of a bad reaction. so now im on day 33 of my period. and its extremely clotty and heavy and disgusting. should i go to a doctor??
I would say anything to do with bleeding that is not normal for you to go and see a doctor and you say you have been bleeding for a month thats not good !! try not to worry but in the meantime book an appointment with your doctor !!
I had the same problem.  2 yrs ago I started to bleed & clot very heavy for a long time...about 25 days at a time.  After an MRI & ultrasound came back neg, my gyn sent me to hemotologist (blood specialist) & found out I had a thyroid disorder.  I am on medication now & for the first time in 2 years I had a normal period (5 days)  Maybe, you can ask your dr if she/he could check your thyroid, ya never know.  Good Luck