loss of breast tenderness

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

loss of breast tenderness

HI.  I am new to this....and new to being pregnant.  I am 5 weeks and 4 days along, and the only real sympton I have had are tender breasts.  However, today, I woke up and my breasts weren't sore at all.  Does anyone know if this can happen...without the threat of an impending miscarriage?  I have had no real cramping or spotting....anyone???
Avatar n tn
The loss of breast tenderness is not uncommon. There are SO MANY hormones suging right now and your body may have just found a sense of adjustment to the breasts. Plus they grow a lot on and off during the pregnancy and you may have just slowed down a bit.. If that makes sense..
You can call your Doc with ANY concerns or questions. And also read up on pregnancy in books like "What to Expect when You're Expecting" which I LOVED and many women adore.
You should try to enjoy the relief of the breast tenderness going away since it is probably only a temporary break. And you have so many things to look forward to. Seeing your baby on an ultrasound, hearing the little heartbeat. And then you will begin to feel your baby moving. Before you know it, he/she will be born and then the breasts will REALLY hurt! LOL Just trying to add some humor and hopefully a little giggle will make you feel better.
Good Luck to you and CONGRATS!! I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
--J
Avatar n tn
I am pregnant, and have had no breast tenderness at all either. This is my third child, but i had it with my other two. i am currently 5 weeks and 6 days. Nausea is beginning to be bothersome though. If you are concerned with your sudden lack of symptoms check with your Dr. i'm sure you are fine, but it never hurts to call and ask if you are concerned. Good luck, and enjoy the lack of symptoms while it lasts.
That was one of the signs I new there was something wrong.. i didnt' know what, so i didnt think of nothing of it.
Then i went in for an ultrasound, there was no heart beat and no fetal movement.
I perosonally would make a doctors appointment just to make sure everything is okay.

THIS WAS MY FIRST PREGNANCY
Avatar n tn
Im currently pregnant. When i was 5-6 weeks pregnant i not only lost the tenderness in my breasts but also did not feel any nausea all of a sudden. After an ultrasound (they made me wait a week for it) i found out that everything was okay. Losing breast tenderness does not always mean something is wrong. Im currently in my fifith month and everything is going well. You should definately contact your doctor and have an ultrasound done to put your mind at ease. Hope all goes well.
Amit7373 joined this community
Welcome them!
8 mins ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KTowne We got a puppy today.. we a... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals