WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
lots brown stuff in my underwear i thought was my period but im not sure . what could it be?
by fieldhockeylover123, Mar 08, 2010
I came home from school today and i found a ton of dark brownish stuff in my pantie liner, it was super thick and there was a ton of it.I have had dischage for about 2 years and it has never been this color. It also has never been as thick as it was. At first i thought it was my period so i put a pad in. About an hour or two later i checked again and there it was again. Another hour later i checked and once more it was there. But it is now night time and there is nothing there..? My mom said if i had it it wouldnt stop coming out and it would be there everytime i checked my pad. What is it? Do i have an infection? Is it just the start of my period and i will get in few days? it didnt look like discharge im very confused! PLEASE HELP.
Member Comments (8)
by neenah879, Mar 08, 2010
yes,,,,i believe your period is coming and for the first time some women experience brownish discharge on and off ...it comes in heavy for some right before you get it so thats my opion the same thing happend to 2 family memebers of mine....
by Mari1448, Mar 08, 2010
It sounds like old blood. Have you had sex before? Period blood is kinda thick but definetly red or a dark red. Usually a brown color is old blood that didn't come out with your period, or bleeding from intercourse
by AnnieBrooke, Mar 09, 2010
If you haven't had a period before, this is probably signalling that your period is coming.  I'd expect red blood in a day or two.
by emma707, Jan 09, 2011
i had the same thing but it only stayed for 3 days then stopped but there is still a bit of brown stuff  in my underwear but it is now very thin now , im pretty sure it was my first period. i was wondering if on me next period it wouild be more red and bloody?
by lucky911, Mar 12, 2014
It doesnt sound like she had sex before ! I mean if she did there would be different signs I believe her period will come soon I had the same thing happen for about 1 year then I started it  dont worry I was scared out of my mind welcome to being a woman girls if you have differemt problems talk to y8ur parents if you have a pain while peeing or something talk to your doctor and your mother then good luck
by lucky911, Mar 12, 2014
by sweetheart100, May 22, 2014
thx guys I was really worried
by reneemalik, Jun 19, 2014
Yea the only reason it was dark was because its been sitting inside you since you started puberty. Its actually blood