lower pelvic pain! WHY?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

lower pelvic pain! WHY?

I have been in pain since Feb 06.  It started with a very sharp pain on both sides of pelvic.  I went to the er and ct scan showed two cyst on both overies.  I think it was just due to ovulation.  When I went to the Gyn he did us and they were gone.  Since then my cycles have been very irregular.  They come twice a month sometimes and sometimes not at all.  I had a lap done and the doc found nothing but scar tissue and it was removed.  The pain is still there.  It is worse days after my cycle and continues.  It almost feel like labor pain and cramps combined.  Last week I had another us and the the nurse just told me that my uterus was bulgy.  Whatever that means.  She said I would have to wait and talk to the doc.  I have an appt tomarrow.  I am just so tired of been in pain and not knowing what is wrong.  I have also had a full work up with gastro,(prev. polyps).  But everything ck out ok.  I am always tired and sometimes can't get out of bed because of pain and fatigue.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
Have you been tested for stds?  If your in the clear, I would google Interstitial Cystis.  Many doctors dont really test for it so it can be a ***** to diagnose.
Now that STD thing is a huge issue and you should get checked out right away but here are some other reasons you may have lower pelvic pain you may be ovulating,pregnant, have ovarian cyst, or PCOS(Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom (syndrome))or you may even have fibroids best idea would be to tell your OB/GYN and get a full exam.
It sounds like you haave the same problem I had. I was going to the ER every other month for ruptured cysts. I also have pain that is constant from cysts. There can be several resons for a cysts. I was diagnosed with endometriosis(which is the cause of my cysts.) It is also the cause of my infertility. The only way for me to get rid of the cyst is to be on birth control. I have also heard of Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS. That has a lot of other symptoms associated with it. You may need to seek a specialist like an infertility specialist. Infertility specialist know more about specific problems than  OB/GYN's. If you are not getting you questions answered seek other opinions until you get answered. It took me going to three different doctors, and eventually going back to my hometown of Houston to get answers. Good Luck.

P.S. Heating pads, and warm baths help.
im glad i found you all i thought i was all alone. im a proud mother of two beautiful girls. im 24 and 7 years ago i was told i wouldnt have children and that i have polycistic ovarian syndrome. i proved them wrong and was blessed with one baby in 2002 and then in 2004 i had my second. but my worst fear has followed me around for years i have no energy to play with them, and if i do i get pains in my pelvis followed by bleeding. its ruining my life im always so tierd and grumpy. i resenty went to a guyno and he didnt take me seriously he told me not to eat brokoli and quit smoking, i just felt lost all over again. where do i go from here and how wants to help us. my symptoms include diarrhoea every morning. head aches, pelvic pains and blleeding after intrcourse.swelling or bloat at period times heavy blleeding bad cramping and severe sharp stabing pains. painfull bowl movment at period time low energy  constand tierdness mood swings  back ache and dissyness. if anyone thinks they coul help me please do i realy need to know im not alone anymore. 6 doctors heaps of money and liitle hope