lower pelvic pain on and off

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

lower pelvic pain on and off

for almost the past 2 weeks...ive had pain (on and off) in my pelvic area...not my stomach...down farther..mostly on the left side..and when the pain hits, it feels like someone is stabbing me...other times it just feels like period cramps..im not due for my period until the last week in may...i really thought maybe this was due to not having a bowel movement in almost 4 days, but when i did finally go..the pain didnt go away...then this wednesday my boyfriend and i had sex..it didnt hurt, but it didnt feel good either...it almost felt like he couldnt get his penis in all the way, almost like it was hitting something..or something was in the way..but like i said it did not hurt..talked to a girlfriend and when i described all of this she said that i could possibly be pregnant..i took a pregnancy test yesterday, and it was negative. Ive had some discharge, sometimes whitish, other times clear. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
If you're in so much pain, the best thing for you to do is go to an OBGYN. It could be something serious.
i hate to go when the pain is not constant and not always in the same area...ive had so many aches and pains that ive gone to the dr for..and they look at me like im an idiot and tell me theres nothing wrong..like im making it up..if this all keeps up through the weekend i will definitely be calling monday morning..i know i should go..i just really wanted input on what it could possibly be
I had simular symtoms (symptoms) when I had cyst on my overies. I would diffently go to a doctor if you don't feel better. Sex would be uncomfortable but not painful until the cyst got bigger. I've had 3 surgeries b/c of cyst and it sucks, don't wait too long.