WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
lower stomach pain and rectum pain
by chasity1030, Feb 20, 2014
I been having rectum pain and stomach pain to the point it hurts to sit down and get back up if something touches my but I get like bad pain to my rectum and sharp pain to my stomach I get the pains every now and then but lately I had them constantly but it's been going on for years does anyone know what this is???? I'm starting to think maybe what I'm having may affect me from having kids because the pain is in my lower abdomen and sometime I can feel my stomach swell sometimes especially after sex
Member Comments (2)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Feb 23, 2014
It can be due to proctalgia fugax or levator ani syndrome. However other causes also need evaluation. Proctalgia fugax is episodic, anal pain that occurs due to contraction of the anal muscles.Treatment involves warm sitz baths,over the counter pain killers like ibuprofen and botox shots in severe cases.

Levator ani is group of muscles that surrounds and supports the anus. Spasms of these muscles are believed to cause rectal pain and can occur frequently in women.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing
by chasity1030, Aug 31, 2014
thanks i found out that i had a dermoid cyst