lump in groin wont go away

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

lump in groin wont go away

There's a lump on the left side of my vagina in the crease of my leg that will not go away. Sometimes it's a small hard lump that doesn't cause much pain at all unless it's touch, and sometimes it "flares up" and becomes a hard knot that is very painful. At first I kept thinking it would go away, however, its not and its starting to drive me up a wall. The earliest appt. I could get at my gynecologist is in october. I can't go through this much longer. Please help me narrow down what it could be, and in what manner i should go about taking care of this situation. Thank you.
I had this same thing and had no idea what it was for years! It was such a pain...it hurt, but it also affect what I could wear (it would hurt to wear some pants) and what I did. I think the general term is "subaceous cyst", There are also sweat glands in that area which causes the pores to get clogged...and if it gets worse...you get a cyst. I was told to do warm compresses and not to touch it. I went to a dermatologist about it for years...he would inject it, but it would always come back! I finally talked to  my gyn/surgeon about it. He had me wash it with povidine (antiseptic wash) and do warm compresses. It helped for a while, but mine was pretty bad (I hope your's isn't). I eventually had surgery to have it removed. This was over a year ago...so far so good. It hasn't come back. You could do some research online by lookin up "subaceous cyst". Definitely go to your gyn about it. He/she might tell you to try compresses...but if it doesn't get better, she'll probably refer you to a surgeon....unless your's isn't too bad. Maybe she can just lance and drain it in the office (sorry, if that grossed you out). Good luck. I hope it goes well for you.
Yes i had that same problem i just did not know what it was this painful lump down below . I was told to wash it with warm water i help for a while but my was pretty bad. sorry if this grossed you out

julie 2007

sept 1 2007