lump in groin wont go away
There's a lump on the left side of my vagina in the crease of my leg that will not go away. Sometimes it's a small hard lump that doesn't cause much pain at all unless it's touch, and sometimes it "flares up" and becomes a hard knot that is very painful. At first I kept thinking it would go away, however, its not and its starting to drive me up a wall. The earliest appt. I could get at my gynecologist is in october. I can't go through this much longer. Please help me narrow down what it could be, and in what manner i should go about taking care of this situation. Thank you.
I had this same thing and had no idea what it was for years! It was such a pain...it hurt, but it also affect what I could wear (it would hurt to wear some pants) and what I did. I think the general term is "subaceous cyst", There are also sweat glands in that area which causes the pores to get clogged...and if it gets worse...you get a cyst. I was told to do warm compresses and not to touch it. I went to a dermatologist about it for years...he would inject it, but it would always come back! I finally talked to  my gyn/surgeon about it. He had me wash it with povidine (antiseptic wash) and do warm compresses. It helped for a while, but mine was pretty bad (I hope your's isn't). I eventually had surgery to have it removed. This was over a year ago...so far so good. It hasn't come back. You could do some research online by lookin up "subaceous cyst". Definitely go to your gyn about it. He/she might tell you to try compresses...but if it doesn't get better, she'll probably refer you to a surgeon....unless your's isn't too bad. Maybe she can just lance and drain it in the office (sorry, if that grossed you out). Good luck. I hope it goes well for you.
Yes i had that same problem i just did not know what it was this painful lump down below . I was told to wash it with warm water i help for a while but my was pretty bad. sorry if this grossed you out

julie 2007

sept 1 2007