lump in lip of vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

lump in lip of vagina

Well just a few days ago i found a lump in my lip of my vagina. LIke not on the outside..but inside the skin. Its hard and hurts to touch it. Im not sure what it is? Im thinmking its a cyst but im not sure. What do you think this is?
Could be either an ingrown hair or a sebaceous cyst.  Both are bothersome/painful and should go away on their own.
oh ok thanks
im sure its not an ingrown hair..ive had one before and this is nothing like that
its defiantly more like a cyst
When I was younger I also had one of these in the same spot. I asked my mom about it and she told me it was most likely a gland swollen from an infection. It hurt really bad, I could hardly sit down! But it went away within a week and I have never had one back. So unless it sticks around for quite some time, you shouldn't have any worries :)
I have kind of the same thing but on my right lip of my vagina and its like huge and out of proportion to the other one it is also like a purple color should i be concerned?
I believe the first description is more like a cyst, however I once had a small pimple like bump on the inner lip of my vagina, within a day it had over doubled in size and by the third day it was over five times that size and dark in color. The second I noticed it had grown that much I went directly to the ER and good thing I did. Anything that grows like that continuously is most certainly going to be a type of bacteria. It was most likely a form of staff infection which can be very serious if not treated. So be careful and always go to the doctor if you're unsure of something that prolongs or changes.
i have a lump on my left lip of my vagina, thought, it is not totally a lump as it is almost flat and long. there is no color or head to the lump, and it does not hurt, it is just tender. now i read a lot of people say it is probably a cyst, but i didnt think that a cyst would be shaped like this. Is this a tumor or something? Im probably going to to doc, but im just being impatient, and im freaking myself out. Also, like i've heard, cancerous tumors are usually rough edged and mishaped, is this true? If so that's all of my symptoms, and i THINK its gotten a little bigger, i'd say im about 65% sure that its grown a little bit. should i go to my doctor or the hospital??
I have a lump on the inside of the right lip an is painful to touch! I don't know what it is, there is also a purple spot that bleeds abit around where the lump is???
Y'all should look up bartholin gland cysts... That's probably what yall have.. I have a lump of some sort too.. I'm going to the doctor sometime in the next week. Good luck, y'all.
These lumps or bumps underneath the skin on the lip of your vagina may be an ingrown hair, yes I know you might not think so at first I didn't think so at first either, but I shave everything and I've had. Ingrown hairs pimple like bumps that eventually go away but also ingrown hairs fan get infectious par say it could jus be a deep infected ingrown hair may and should eventually get a head, I'm not nessesarily recommending to do this but once mine gets a head I'm popping it but using warm damp (clean) rag and maybe peroxcide and antibiotic ointment  
When your lump went was you left with a dent ? xx
I have a bump on my inner vaginal lip. It only hurts when touched and it's a dull pain. Its no bigger than a pea and looks to have an indeture in the middle. From what I looked up, I'm thinking it's a cyst. And it's just the one bump. There's also no itching or burning.
I have had three of these lumps before. They hurt so bad and the swell fast and I don't know where they are coming from. I got one today I was standing in the hallway with my fiance at my college and the lip just started to throb and burn a little. I asked my mom about it the first time and she gave me some pain reliever and took me to the doctor the next day but by morning it was gone and didn't hurt anymore. This is the third one i have had this month. The first one was in like January or February at the beginning of this  year. I really should go to the doctor but i work full time and also go to school full time. I am only 18. I am not quit sure what I should do but I can barely sit down or walk without it hurting. Its not a dull pain its excruciating. I don't know what to do!!!