lump on cervix
I am hoping someone can help me. I recently discovered a bump on the end of my cervix ( right on the tip). I have read that this could be a polyp. However, I don't think it is as from what I could tell, a polyp is almost like a piece of loose skin hanging from the cervix that is just twisted off by the doctor. This is more like a boil type shape (almost like a small sac) to it and is definitely protruding out from the cervix. Can anyone offer any ideas of what this could be?? I have also noticed that the tip of my cervix has become pointy when normally it is more rounded and flatter on the tip. I am due to start my period in about 7 days.

Also, I was diagnosed with a prolapsed uterus about 12 years ago (I am 32 years old).

I have an appointment with my Dr. in a couple of days but I am very worried about this.
From what I've read, this sounds like a benign cyst. I did a search online, and it seems like many women are experiencing this, so I wouldn't worry too much. But it's definitely a good idea to have your doctor take a look at it...just in case.

This is what a doctor said on one of the websites"

"A Narbothian cyst may arise on the cervix and are benign in nature. These are most common in women of reproductive age. An evaluation by your physician can determine if the etiology of what you feel is this condition or another factor."

Hope that helps.
Thanks..Unfortunately, I had an appointment scheduled for today but due to a snow storm I couldn't make it :( I'll have to reschedule. I really hope it's nothing to worry about. I feel fine other than this lump (no other weird symptoms so I am praying!)