lump on my vagina lip

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

lump on my vagina lip

I have a lump on my vagina lip, its not a bump, its a lump. It hurts a little and i just noticed it today, I am sixteen and have never had sex or sexual inter course. I know that it is not an ingrown hair because i have had those before and this is very different. I just noticed it today and it is about the size of a pea. Its not on the surface of the skin but its underneath it. It doesnt have any pink/redish tint to it and you cant pop it because it is underneath the skin. Also, you cannot notice it just by looking, only if you touch it. I can move it around kind of like a ball. How can this thing come up so suddenly? And what is it? What do I do? Please help, im trying very hard not to get freaked out about it.
It sound's like a Bartholin's cyst. They're very common and you don't have to have sex to get one. Soaking in a hot tub can sometimes get them to drain (the opening is on the inside of the lip). Look it up online to see if that fits what you've got. Good luck.
It can be a small bartholin cyst. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have a lump on the left lip of my vagina, I've had it for two weeks now, I am 14 and have engaged in no sexual intercourse, it moves under my skin if i press it around hard enough, it is the size of a fingernail, i am geting worried
specialmom commented on photo
specialmom commented on photo
fiza_ch uploaded a new photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals