Women's Health Community
lumps/bumps in vaginal opening
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lumps/bumps in vaginal opening

Hello everyone.  I seem to have a couple lumps on the opening right inside my vagina.  I'm on my period and I'm usually very sore and tender down *there* during my period, it’s not uncommon for tampons to irritate me to the point of pain when I wipe or put them in.  But this time it seems to start hurt when I wasn’t using tampons so I had a look and noticed these swollen lumps.  It’s not outside my vagina, its right inside the opening (and possibly further in) and they look very swollen but are not discolored or red and they don’t seem to be "blisters" or "sores".  They are sore, but they seem to have become less sore over the 3 days but when I look at them they don’t seem to be getting better, in fact there seems to be more of them (there are about 3 to 4, it’s hard to tell because that areas isn’t exactly uniform to begin with).  Does anyone know what this could be?  Or has anyone had something similar (mine hasn’t stopped yet so I don’t know if they will go away or not)?  Could they be associated with my period?