lumps on the inner thigh bikini line crease !

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

OK ! so i have this one reacurring lump that shows up on the space between my vagina and my leg (inner thigh). ive come to the conclusion that i dont think its an std because i had an under the skin lump there way before id ever had sex.. it just never used to bother me. it seems to only bother me when im on my period or during physical activity, and especially if i shave. so i decided to use depilatory so a razor wouldn't irritate me. it goes through a cycle of being a lump under the skin, puffing up, bursting with like puss and blood, scabbing over, becoming soft again.. and the repeating.. what should i do to get rid of this ? i have my doctor look at it and she thinks its nothing.. HELP PLEASEE
It could be a sebaceous cyst, if so your doctor can treat it by removal or injection of anit-biotics or steroids. Recurrent ingrown hair could be another cause, if that's the case then applying vaseline after shaving should help to soften and moisturize the area as well as lubricate the hair follicle and reduce the likely hood of future ingrown hairs.
If the bump is not painful then it can be due o sebaceous cyst. It is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. Treatment includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.