menstrual cycle
Hi, im 14 and i have had my period for a year now and im going swimming today and i use pads and i dont want to use tampons cause i just dont like them i have tryed them many times i just dont like them.... its a really hot day and i want to go with my friends  PLEASE help.. if i dont u a tampon or pad will i bleed through is it true your period stops when u get in water???? PLEASE HELP ME  
No It is not true that your period stops under water. It will lighten up, but not stop. When i was your age i was scared to death to use a tampon, until one day i went swimming with a pad on and lost it in the water. I recommened if you do go swimming use a tampon, but instead of using a regular, try using a Light sized lampon, they are smaller and may be easier for you to use. And most defiantly get plactic, they slide in much easier.