metal smelling vaginal odor
I have been having this problem for years.... I have this vaginal discharge that smells like metal... when I pull my pants down to pee I notice it.  Then when I smell the underwear it smells sour. I shower everyday and twice a day if I exercise. I also have been to the doctors many times for it and have been told I have no sign of infection yeast or bacterial. I am sexually active but carry no STD's. It is the most peircing smell ever and I know people notice. I have heard their comments... I am getting sick of going back and forth with medicine every couple of months for bv and yeast if that is really NOT the problem. If anyone can help I would appreciate it greatly!
Also I have a high level of bilirubin found that out through blood tests... I have been diagnosed in the past for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis... but stopped taking the levothyroxine and my blood has been normal. I use to drink excessively and still sometimes do.... I smoke cigarettes but have developed bronchitis/sinus infection and now will have to go on meds to quit- doctor's orders. I have used drugs but have been clean for a year and a half. I have had some gastro problems, kidney infection, uti's... I do not get the discharge problem^^^ everyday either(usually only after having sex a couple of times) But I really need to get it under control or Im going to lose it soon. I take probiotics and eat healthy.  I have been to alot of doctors about this.... everytime the doctor says Im fine... I know there is something up... I also have irregular periods.
Did you ever find out the cause of your problem.  I've had the same problem for years.  Doctor's always tell me I'm fine.  What we have in common is I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's as well.  The difference is I have the metal smell for months at a time, then it goes away for a few weeks and comes back.  I don't know what to do at his point.  I went gluten free this month which helped alot of other issues I've been having, but not this one.