mirena iud and spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

mirena iud and spotting

i had a mirena iud inserted approximately 2 years ago.  i have now started spotting with cramping after having no menstral cycle after the first 3 months of insertion.  the reason i had the iud inserted was because i was highly anemic during and after my pregnancy.  i'm just wondering if the spotting is normal?
from what ive heard it is normal. i too have mirena and have had it for 11 months after not having no period for 2 1/2 months i have begun to spot. i am only spotting when wiping so i am still wondering if i need to test for pregnancy.
I have this too and have been wondering about it.  I have had the mirena IUD for three years now and sometimes I get cramping without a period (I'm having today in fact) plus I will get some spotting too.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this.
I have also been experiencing cramping( that goes down my leg even sometimes) and have never had any bleeding or cramping before. I have had my iud since november 2006 so going on 4 years. I also have a lot of bloting and indigestion that i never got before, even before my iud. I am concerned because my friend was having a lot of problems and finally after excluding everything to bladder infections to other things figured out the iud was inserted into some tissue and it took them 2 hours to get it out.......i don't want that to be it. If anyone has any thing that might help with my concern that would be great!
I as well am having terrible cramping Symptoms. Its horrible. Now that I now know its due to mirena. Thought something was wrong with me. Why does mirena cause this you're of pain?
Ive had the iud now for over 2 yrs n I never thought that my crampings were or could be caused by this. Dr told meit was because I had to stretch bedcir walking or get more leg excercise. Hmmmmmm this cramping in my legs have gone on for 24 hrs my legs are soooo sore I can barely walk. I'm only 32 years old n have my kids dad watching over me like im an old lady. Any tips? Any tips? Gracie
I have had my IUD in for 2.5 years and only now have started spotting, only noticeable when I wipe, but there is a rancid odor....any ideas?