mirena

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

mirena

i have a had the mirena in for about a year now. a couple months ago i didnt get my period for awhile which is normal i heard. i started to feel alittle sick like i did with my last child. but never felt the one symptom that i had with all three of my kids. so i said what the hell im going to take a test i did it was neg. i got my period in the middle of dec. and now have it again in jan. but i feel like little kicking. i first thought it was just me. but i had my boyfriend feel it and he felt the same thing. i took another pregnancy test and neg again. i tried to feel the strings which i just found out about. and i cant find them. in the beginning my boyfriend was able to actually feel the mirena while we were you know. and now he cant feel it at all. my question is has anyone else felt this way and ended up pregnant on the mirena
I had mirena and I felt everything you just discribed. It ended up being gas that I was feeling (like kicking) and I also made my husband feel it and he could too, apparently the mirena somehow made me alot more gassy than I ever was before. Also, the strings sometimes curl up or get pushed up to where you can't find them, it happened to me more than enough times, and I went and got it checked every month and asked about it almost everytime and was told it's totally normal for that to happen. I never had even one period while using mirena but I've been told that periods are very irregular for months after it's put in and that they usually eventually regulate themselves or go away all together. There is a VERY same chance of getting pregnant using mirena but it can still happen. If more time goes by and you're still worried ask about it during your monthly check up.
thats what my mom said  it could be to. im gonna wait on it like you said. i got a ob appointment at the end of the month. im not really gonna worry now. thank you so much for you comment. i really appreciate it! :)
Not a problem. Let me know how it turns out for you. Goodluck.