missed period....HELP!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

missed period....HELP!!!

hello everyone,
          well first off my periods are usually 32 to 34 days apart. i have been tracking them with a phone app. tracker for about a year now and it has always been right on. but for the past three months my period has been up to 14 days late. right now i missed this months cycle and i was supposed to end today but it never started. i have really bad cramping in my stomach and i feel nauseous and a lil tenderness in my breasts and i have been really tired. i do not have any other kids so this will be my first.
Missed periods can be due to pregnancy. Hence to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

did you take a test?  and if its negative and you still have symptoms you should see your doctor.  I am in similar situation however this is my first month missed period and like you I am clock work but every 28 days and tracked it since i got off birth control.  I haven't ttc so I am not really sure what's going on with my body but me and my husband did have unprotected sex last month during peak ovulation so missing my period this month is either a coincidence or i am pregnant however all hpts are negative and i am 10 days late.  

Also I'm healthy and turning 30. 9 days after ovulation I had cramping which made me think my period was early to go to bathroom and find pinkish spotting when I wiped kind of looked like a blood clot. Two days following that I had brownish black spotting only when wiping and very scattered. Definitely not anything like a period or flow. That ended after two days and I had unusual cramping in my lower back and slight pains on my side and by ovaries , not severe just uncomfortable. I run to the bathroom several times a day with a tampon swearing my period has came but nothing is there when I wipe not even discharge , it's more like just really moist feeling.  Im also only been able to eat one meal a day as im feeling full right away. I took several hpts all negative besides one question mark which I'm pretty sure means a faulty test.  I'm not sure what's going on but I'm so scared and I've been consuming my life with this . My doctor says it could be stress and to come in if I missed a second period. I have been stressed out about the possibility of  losing my job because of a reorganization within the company however this has been going on for several months and the one time me and my husband decided to have unprotected sex this happens is such a weird coincidence.  this is making me feel like my body is trying to tell me something is wrong however I'm not pregnant according to 5 hpts.  Any similar stories or insight would really help put my mind at ease until seeing my doctor. Thank you!!  And please keep me updated on your story .....