missing iud string and period
I have had my mirena for more than 2 years.  I have been having reg periods every month but now havent had one in 6 and a half weeks.  took a test  almost 3 weeks ago and negative.  Have had light spotting twice.  Now my string is missing.  Anyone know what is going on??
i would see a doctor. iuds can move out of place or even go through your uterine wall which would prevent you from feeling your strings. i had the paraguard iud in and after about 2 weeks i couldn't feel my strings, i went to the doctor and he said he didn't cut them short enough and he fixed it. 2 weeks later i started having pain and still couldn't feel them, i went back to a different doctor and she found it had fallen out of place but it was stuck and to far out to be put back into place, i had to have it removed.