mood swings

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

mood swings

are mood swings automatically said to be anxiety or depression?  i have pretty bad mood swings quite frequently, but i don't recognize other symptoms in myself to categorized as depression so i guess it could possibly be anxiety.  i refuse to take anything that alters the way i feel...  like makes me loopy.  i was prescribed an anxiety med a couple years ago and tried to take it 2 times and i just threw it away.  i won't take pain meds that make me loopy either.  is there any other way than taking a med for anxiety to help w/ mood swings?
mood swings can be a sing of bipolar disorder
what is up with my spelling this week...?

sign***
well that's not what i wanted to hear, lol!
oh well its one of the largest and key signs of bipolar disorder. it depends on the severity of your mood swings as well as the frequency
is extreme irritability the same as mood swings?
um part of mood swings. when you have bipolar disorder you change from extreme happiness to being depressed frequently. you can experience irritability when you are leading towards the depressed side.

irritabilty can be a sign of maybe differnt things and doesnt have to mean anything other than stress.
i read a little bit about bipolar disorder...  i don't feel that i have caracteristics of being depressed (like i don't feel sadness).  but i do say that i am extrememly irritable a lot.  yes, there's stress on my plate but i don't like blaming things on stress (probably b/c i don't really know what all stress can cause)!  i don't want to be so irritable but it just comes over me and i can't help it.  when i went to the doc recently to get my thyroid checked i mentioned this to him.  he said it could be anxiety but we really didn't get into too much b/c his main concern was getting my thyroid checked.  i told him about not wanting to take a med that makes me feel funny and the response i got from him made me think that there wouldn't be anything i could take then...  is there such a thing (a  med for anxiety that doesn't make you feel funny)?
i suggest going to a psychatrists just to see what they might think. they mighht say its stress and recomend a vacation ha we could all use one.

not all medications will make you feel the same (funny). if you were to take medication and you felt horrible, loopy, etc then you go back and they will change the dose or change the medication

differnt medications have different sideeffects for different people.

i have no idea what would be the best medication for you or if there is really anything wrong that would need medication.

they do have different anxiety medications. i have never been on them before. like i said one may make you feel funny, while all the rest might make you feel great.

i say its something to go and at least address with a doctor just to get a profesional point of view
i just looked at your age...  when i was 18 i was more concerned w/ partying and being unruley than being on a website giving good advice to other women...  thank you very much for talking w/ me.  hopefully it is just stress...  but then again, if its stress then it might never go away, lol!!!
ha yeah ill be 19 on the 14. well i didnt go to school today because dominics so sick and teething and he was a MESS when i picked him up yesterday at daycare and i didnt have one of my classes today so ive been home all day.

ill send you a messge....

but your welcome i kinda know somethings about this...: ) it might just be stress. another sign of bipolar disorder is crying for no reason, etc. so i dont think you have that