movement after sneezing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

movement after sneezing

I know if you are pregnant the baby will move if you sneeze or cough hard. But do you feel movement in your stomach if you sneeze or cough and you are not pregnant.
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I have gotten that.  It does feel like baby flutters sometimes.  I have no idea what it is but I just want to let you know I get it A LOT when I sneeze.  I never thought to ask about it.  I thought I was crazy but now I don't feel so alone LOL!!!!!!!  Take Care.  It must be a normal thing.  :o)
OMG I get that too!  There must be a reason but no idea what it could be
I understand that. Yes I do see my eye move, but not all the time. People eye do not move everyday. I never had this much movement in my stomach. I have had gas, but I have people telling me that do not feel that movement after they sneeze. My sister just had a baby and she felt movement when she sneeze while she was pregnant, but now she has a cold and say she do not feel movement now. So she is sneezing why is she not feeling the movement now. So with what you are saying shouldn't she be feeling movements like when she was pregnant.
I just want to say something else. If someone who has negative tests and suddenly go into labor and have a baby. The first things someone says is didn't feel the movement. Okay I feeling odd movements in my stomach and down below. Well I have ask to question movements. I have ask people that actually talk to and people on this forum and another forum. Everybody is giving me different answers. Some say yes and some say no. Actually you are the only ones who said yes. Giving the way I look and my symptoms everybody thinks I am pregnant. I do not know who to believe. If I say I have movement down below people say oh it gas. WTF I never had movement down below. If I say I have movement in my stomach they say it is muscle spasms. I never had this much movement before. Now yes I have negative tests, but Do music make your stomach move too and anyone say yes I know this site is a  fake, because I know music do not make your stomach move.
Well, if you're getting negative hpt's but you still think you might be pg then you should ask your doctor for an ultrasound.  If you are far enough along in a pregnancy to feel movement then an u/s would show a baby clear as day.

If you only feel this movement when you sneeze then it's probably not a baby.  When they move enough to be seen on the outside of your stomach then they are usually moving all the time.  Do you feel this movement at other times?  Muscle spasms can be seen on the outside - have you ever gotten that weird twitch in your eyelid?  If you look in a mirror you can see it moving - it's the same concept when you sneeze.  Or a cramped calf muscle - you can see the muscle is clenched.
It is not just flutters. I can actually see my stomach move. Sometimes it does and sometimes it do. I ask my mom and my sisters they say they never had their stomach move after the sneeze or cough.
What are you wanting to know????   We told you we DO feel movement when we sneeze & cough.  What did you go to the dr for?  If you went for pregnancy then you are probably NOT pregnant.   I suggest going back and telling them you think you are pg.  See what they do for you.  About the movement I do NOT always get it but I have.  Yes I am sure some ppl do and some do NOT.  Go see a dr please - It really will put your mind at ease.  Take Care and Good Luck to you.
I am a little confused.  Do you believe you are pregnant?  Do you think you are and everyone is telling you that you are not?  I would suggest going to the doctor to find out.  If you are far enough along to feel that much movement, a doctor would be able to detect a heartbeat and find the baby on an ultrasound.  Good luck.
Muscle spazms.
I was just saying I asked alot of people face to face and they said no. They never cough or sneeze and had their stomach move. They are concerned about me. If they thought just a little bit that it was normal to have movement in your stomach(as much as I do). I would think they would tell me that it is normal. But it  concerns them. Because I have never had this much movement in my stomach. So I think musle spasm,baby or whatever something isdefinitely wrong. Especiallly if it being going on for several months now.
I am not trying to be rude and this is a great site. Maybe it happens to some people and not to others. I am just really scared right now. Other people said they would definitely be scared. Been to the doctors. My boyfriend is telling me to keep going and just tell them I am. He said with all the signs and symptoms he would bet I am.
I do not get it everytime I sneeze I just know that I get it A LOT when I sneeze.  Does that make sense.  You can have movement and if it is a muscle spazm and it is hard enough I would guess you could see it move.
Ultrasound will give you the answer leaving NO doubt. Also if you are pregnant and far enough along to feel that much movement, then you should also be able to palpate, or feel externaly with your hands, if there is a solid moving structure inside of you. I have had 5 children and believe me, there was NO doubt as to what that movement was. So just ask for an ultrasound. If you aren't pregnant, then maybe seek out a Gastrointerologist.
Okay, you said you've been to the doctor already.  What did the doctor say?  Did he examine you to see if you are pregnant?
Okay I read on stomach spasm because I was curious. Most of  these people feel theirs in the upper abdomen and I feel it mostly in the lower abdomen,in between the vagina and the lower abdomen, and in the vagina. It is not only when I sneeze it is just movement. Really hard movement. So can it happen in the lower abdomen also.
You can speculate about each and every twinge for months, but if you want answers then follow the advice and see a doctor for tests. You seem very convinced but unwilling to confirm through a doctor. No one here is going to tell you that the movement or spazms you are experiencing are being caused by a pregnancy. Only a doctor can tell you. Please go see your Gyn and put your mind at ease.
--J
yes, you could have found out what is going on by now if you went to see the dr.
by the way, did you?
Yes, I am curious too - did you request an ultrasound?
i'm really glad to hear that there is other ppl out there having the same thing going on as me!*  well not glad, but actually some one that can hopefully answer some question's for me, which i have been confussed........ i  didn't have a period for  over a year, never have a regular period.... but i  took the pill... for less then 2 weeks and then stopped.... i started two weeks later, regular.... then about a week after i got off of my period i spotted....but nothing to worry bout.... so now, every since then i am huge.... takin test after test....negitive result's, but my tummy is big, and getting hard... i feel around on it, and almost think i feel shapes, almost like a baby.... small but yes.... i do feel alot of movement... dr. say's negitive result's, would not do a blood test only urine...

has anyone ever ran into a problem like this b4...it sounds about like ur situation..... and  i have 2 daughter's by the way, the youngest will be 5 in april...........

PLEASE HELP!

thank-you! and best wishes go to all of you!
I always feel something moveing in my stomach even when i dont caugh or sneez it's only been going on for a month though so i might be pregnant i'll update u guys if i am ok bye
honestly, you really would not feel any movement if you were just a month pregnant. usually its not until around the 5th month of pregnancy.
probably a muscle spasm, gas, vibration of heartbeat,pulses...
if you are pregnant..congrats.
I am going thru the same as you are. Except I dont just feel them when I sneeze. Ive been feeling them for 2 months now along with missed periods and spotting and almost all of the prego symptoms. And the movements getting stronger because now I can feel them from the outside. Ive been pregnant before and I know how they feel and it feels like it all over again. But both blood and urine tests says negative. Dont listen to these other people who say its just gas, vibration, whatever because you and only you know what youre feeling. We all know what gas feels like and that nudging feeling does not feel like gas. Gas doesnt do that. And since when does gas passes thru the uterus? Does that make sense? I would think that we would know how to locate the intestines and the uterus. So if theres gas passing thru, wouldnt you feel it some where else other then that down below where the uterus is at? So I think its possible that you are pregnant and these doctors telling you, you are not. Fight for an ultrasound. And if they cant see it, maybe its too early. In many cases, there have been reports of pregnant women 3, 5, even 7 months pregnant and not know it because pregnancy test showed up negative. My test didnt show positive until I was 2 months pregnant. Unfortunately my baby died at 21 weeks. He wasnt viable. But I know what feeling you are talking about. And for the record...people please stop telling people that you cant feel a baby flutters early. Because you can!!! Every pregnancy does not go traditionally according with other womens pregnancy. Its different with different woman.
I agree, i was 5.5 moths pregnant and my dr. didn't believe me.
Every month he would take a test and every month negative. Then at 5.5 moths he took a blood test, negative. I started crying and told him I know I'm pregnant and then my tummy started moving and he saw it, he ordered a ultrasound he told me I was 5.5 months pregnant and I told him no duh **** I have been telling u that. So yes u can be pregnant and it not show up and u feel baby move.
Now I'm going through it again 22 years later but this time I have a tubal done 19 years ago. I have missed 4 periods and my tummy is growing and I feel movement. My children say it's gas and menopause y hubby thinks I'm pregnant. Yes I have read on line that u can get pregnant after tubal especially if it has been over 10 years. I just wish my tummy would start moving from the outside so I could prove I'm pregnant. I have no insurance so they won't do an ultrasound unless I can prove I'm pregnant.But that;s y I need the ultrasound!! If I am i'm 19 week and 1 day
Amazing to read some of your stories.  God promised me a baby and right after conception- no period for the past 4 mos.  tummy growing...feeling movement.  People speculating that I am preg.  negative pregnancy tests!  Dr did not give me blood test.  Dismissed me with the gas thing.  Even told me I missed periods because of cysts on ovaries.  Sent me for vaginal ultrasound- no baby showed ...no cysts .  Thinks they saw a "polyp" on my bladder.  Want to send me to specialist...no one has called me back!
Everytime I sneeze a feel strong movement in my stomach but it happens  very often I can lay there and I feel like I'm having a party in my stomach
My breast has gotten bigger than what they were can anyone help me figure out why??? I thought I was pregnant or it jus my hormones