muscle cramp under breast
just read a lot of old testamonials about this syndrome. I have been suffering this for years and am interested if anyone has an answer to what it is. like all I read my doctor skips over and doesn't really have an explanation. this is extremely painful and I can feel the knot of the muscle actually move under the skin. potassium doesn't help . I already use that for leg cramps. could it be from pinched nerves in the spine? I had my first episode 31years ago when I was pregnant. the doctor at that time said it was from using muscles that I wasn't use to using. well it still happens and more frequently now. I just wish there was something to ease the pain. anti inflammatory don't help. I take those daily for joint pain. any answers?
These symptoms can be due to costochondritis as well. The other symptom is of a compressed nerve because muscular spasma do not occur so frequently and do not persist for so long.

Costochondritis is an inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone or sternum.Usually costo chonditis is without any cause,but sometimes infections like bacterial,viral and fungal may be causing it.
Some other possibilities are anemia and thyroid diseases(hyperthyroidism),fibromyalgia, Ankylosing spondylitis and irritation of the nerves supplying the chest by buldging disc of cervical or thoracic vertebrae.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.