my 9 month old girl has a closed vagina

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

my 9 month old girl has a closed vagina

my little girl has a closed vagina, i've taken her to the clinic and the emergency room where i was told both times that they had never heard or seen this before. BUt neither doctors seemed to be very concerned, one didn't even bother to have a look. my boyfriend and i are very scared and we dont know what to do. has anyone heard of this? does anyone know what we can do?
Tags: Vagina, 9, month, old
WOW! That is something I've never heard before! none of the doctors wanted to sergicaly open it. That would make sense to me....
I would just like to tell you I have heard of this before but sorry to say I do not know anything about it.  I wish you and your baby the best of luck!
I have heard of this too. I believe there is a special cream that they use to make it open. I know I have seen a bunch of posts on this topic on MedHelp. I think it was in the Pediatrics forum so post your question there and hopefully you will get some useful responses.
My daughter also had this as a toddler. it was not completely closed but almost, to the point where it caused her to have a bladder infection, which is how the doctor noticed what was going on. he prescribed a premarin cream to be applied vaginally for a few weeks, and this corrected the problem. We just had to watch it until she reached puberty, which corrected the problem once her hormones kicked in. Hope you find this helpful
my 3 yr old has the same thing and as far as i know it it genetic.my mother suffered the same thing when she was little.my doc gave us a estrogen cream for it and gently open it.you jus thave to watch for it.from what i was told it is common for girls from ages 1-6.best of luck!
my daughter is 9 months old too and has the same thing.  My Dr didn't seem too concerned but she prescribed me an estrogen cream to apply twice a day for 2 weeks, it'll be 2 weeks in 3 days so we'll see if it worked.  So far nothing, I'm going to bring her back in if theres no change.  It worries me as well because since the cream her gland in her nipple has gotten pretty big, I'm sure its just the hormone cream but its all just very strange.  No one I know has heard of it either.
I'm a a student nurse and when I was with the health visitors on placement, I met a family who had a daughter with this condition. Their doctor had suggested surgery as nothing else worked and she was 8 I think. The family didn't know whether to have it done when she was young or when she got older, but as she was young, the hv suggested it would be best as when she's older, her friends may ask what happened and of course that would be embrassing. I hope that the cream works for your daugter as it's simple and no surgery involved. But if it turns out that she will need surgery, getting it done asap will be best. Good luck and I hope the problem is resolved soon
Please assist with what procedures i should follow up, my 9months old baby has a big vagina(hole)
My daughter was born with the same problem. I had taken her to her doctor and was prescribed Premarin cream which caused it to open but it then closed up again. Her doctor said he did some research on this and that it will open on it's own during puberty. I hope so because I am scared to death of her starting to menstrate and it won't be able to come out. I can't imagine what would happen to her of that ever happened. She is 10 now and I am going to make sure she is checked out when she is close to puberty. I guess  it is rare because everyone I know has never heard of such a thing.
My daughter is 8 months old and her vaginal hole was open when she was born and now its closed up. Im a very nervous parent and her doctor doesn't seem concerned
Michelle_Mimi commented on An Insider’s Guide to...
51 mins ago
specialmom commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
specialmom commented on VICourageous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals