my period only lasted 2 days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

my period only lasted 2 days

for years now i have been getting my period from  5-7 days... well this month my period only lasted 2 days and it was a pretty normal period and even after it went away ive been having lower stomach cramps and my boobs have been really sore and my husband says im really moody lately.. could i be pregnant? should i take a pregnancy test?
yes, you should.
I have a similar situation. I thought I started my period (it looked normal) my periods usually last 7 days, but it only lasted a day n a 1/2. and felt bloated for about a week after but I havent really been showing prego symptoms,.... I think.
My boobs are find. I have been urinating more often and I just started having very slight cramps. very mild. but I did feel a little sick the other morning, but I'm not throwing up. I have gained some weight and may have been eating more then usual. I am just not going to worry about till I start having more obvious symptoms: boob hurting, throwing up, missed next period, tired ness. etc.
I started on 11-28 lasted 11-29. then the next day it was light brown and the rest of the week, including now, I see nothing, just a little discharge.
When did you start having symptoms?
i started having symptoms before i got my period but i thought it was just associated with my period i didnt think it was weird until my period only lasted 2 days and im still feeling like that even now...i had a little discharge yesturday but it went away...i have also been urinating more often...im also very tired...did you take a pregnancy test? or tried to find out anything? im gonna go ahead and take one tommarrow and see what happens. keep me posted :)
I am having th exact same thing as yall.     2 day period, (usually 10 start to finsh). bad cramps, sore boob, dizzy, nausae, peeing, but no cravings or mood swings. I am freaking... let me know what happens too plzz... ps.. did ur period seem very normal, red?
yes mine was red and even had the usual blood clot
No I didnt take a test, yet. I have not told my husband and wanted to wait till more signs came first. my boobs were itchy today and I have mild cramps now. I just want to wait because I dont want to freak my husband out. He is under alot of stress now and I dont wasnt to put more on him. He got laid off and hasnt been able to find a job and my job may be ending soon and we have no place for a baby. If I tell him whats going on he will have anxioty attacks or just plain go nuts. we do want children but right now we dont even have a place for its head and no money get an appartment or home. we live in a 32 foot camper(bought it for work, he worked in a plant, and now I do)
yea just wait n see what happens next period
How are you doing today?
yea ill wait but im freaking anyway, wish i could get it out of mind, prolly wishful thinking...  thanks !
I was that way at first, I couldnt get it out my mind either. But I just thought, oh well, if I am then I am. If I am not then I am not. It is still there lingering in my mind but I try to focus on other stuff, worrying about it will stress you out too much. just enjoy each day and let all the worries and stress not get to you, keep your head held high and stay positive.
thank you for the advise! ill let ya kno  if anything changes... until next time..
hey so how u holdin up? in my head im still going crazzy. i kno i should just take a prego test but im so broke i havent had a job in 3 weeks, (desp lookin)  anyway, i have no kids/ never prego so i dont kno if its all in my head but as the days go on i feel like im getting more symptons. like dizzy, tired, boobs hurting, hungry but then nausea as soon as i eat.. im sure its in my head, right?! like i said before i had my period for only 2 days but one day it was heavy not like what they discribe as impl bleeding. but my period is always verrrrry long. oh man....
How long ago did you get you "period"?

I am not having any symptoms like you are. I was eating alot but I think it was because I thought I was prego and go my brain to thing it and it reacted to it. but you know it could be in your head, b/c I thought I was and I was checking everything on my body that would be able to tell me and so far I dont see anything. BUT when i thought i was I would wake up and have that thought of prego and wonder if I was going to have morning sickness and after I thought it then I felf nausia, but I never thru up. I think I was just stressing because everytime my husband ans I have sex, prego is the first thing on my mind after. so everyday after its in my head "am I ?" "could I be?". it just makes you go crazy. but now I have come to realize that after sex I would have to wait 5-8 weeks before I see symptoms. and that the symptoms that you are having could be from all the stress you are putting on yourself. have you done your research on prego? As soon as I thought I was, I didnt tell anyone, I got online and started to get as much info as possible.

I wish I knew why our periods were the way they were......I wasnt stressing so i know thats not why. I am a calm person and each day I look to Jesus to guide me in the direction God wants me to go. To help me thru the opsticles of the world day by day. When he knows I am ready then he will provide me with the gift of a child but he knows I am not ready. maybe he is testing you and your reaction to being prego. Are you married or not? it maybe be warning from him. You may not notice but he does test you in many ways. with boyfriends, friends, family, school, he just wants you to do the right thing, and he wants to see you happy. Just pray and ask God and he will show you. you will see all the signs.
I have been having diarrhea and slight pain in my uteris and pressure on my right side. I am still going to wait till Christmas.

I am suppose to start my period on the 25th.
here is some info I got from an online OBGYN

Unfortunately, pregnancy-like symptoms can be caused by literally dozens of things besides pregnancy. Some women who are pregnant can experience bleeding that mimics a period, but really isn't one--they're different than usual.

The only way to know for sure is to take a Home Pregnancy Test and find out! If it's negative, you should probably get checked out for the cause of those symptoms. I hope it turns out the way you'd like it to.
has anyone had anything change?
I was hungrey last week and the week before and now I cant eat anything. I dont feel hungry at all. I dont have nausea just the poops. my temp. is higher. I am so tired but still dont wasnt to take the test yet
I found out this

you can also see if your prego if your cervix is high and soft.

you have to stick your finger in your vigina (vagina) and feel it. but you cannot just feel it once, you have to keep record of it because when you ovulate it gets high and soft.
Have you had any symptoms change. I lost weight this week and I think I am suppose to get my period this week (on christmas)

Just checking with you girl. Hope everything is good. Merry christmas