neverending pain above left hip... what is going on?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

First of all, I would just like to apologize for the fact that this entry is probably in the wrong place... I just had absolutely no idea where to post it, since I have absolutely no idea what is going on with me or what my symptoms mean. :( Sorry for any inconvenience!

Anyway -

I am an 18 year old healthy (or so I thought?) young woman. I eat a healthy diet, and lead and active lifestyle (I am a dancer in great shape!). However...
For the past few months (I'm not sure exactly how long), I have had this never(ever)ending constant, throbbing pain in the area above my left hip. It just doesn't stop! And I can't take it anymore.
At first I thought maybe I had pulled a muscle or otherwise injured myself in my dancing, or that I was just having some kind of back pain as usual, from stress, or, whatever.
But now that I really try to pinpoint it, it's not really a muscle kind of ache; it almost feels like either a bone, or an organ. And it just throbs, all the time. Nothing helps. Sometimes I forget about it and think that the pain has lessened, but as soon as I am conscious of it, it returns and I realize that it never really went away - I'm just used to it!

In general, I just don't know what to do. Any ideas?
Thank you so much,

Juliette

PS - I found a few other entries on here from women with similar symptoms to mine, and doctors suggested it could be something having to do with either the liver or ovaries... is this possible?
Please help!
Thanks again.
At your age ovarian and liver problems would be unlikely unless you are having unprotected sex. I would be more concerned that it was a bone problem at the very worst. Just go to your doctor and have a x-ray.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think you should let a doctor examine you and see for sure what might be going on.
It's pretty useless to speculate.  Even if you find someone who had something similar, that doesn't mean your problem is the same.
I hope you are feeling better soon.