nipple tear?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

nipple tear?

I am currently having a minor tear on my nipple,(it's the 'joint' between the **** and the aerora). This is not the first time I have such incident, usually it's when I was trying to scratch or pull when my breast feel itchy, at the nipples. A few times when the weather is changing to cold and dry.

However, I figure my nipple is pretty weak in that sense as it's very proned to tear. I need to know will this be a serious problem, or will it lead to serious problem??

cheers
Try putting lotion on them when they are dry or itching instead of scratching them.
another suggestion would be to get some anti-itch cream or ointment.  i've used this before and it works great!
You could try to use the lotion they make for women breastfeeding.  Lanolin lotion should work.  When I breastfed one of my nipples did this and it was painful.  That is why I stopped after 2 weeks.  Try that and see how it helps.
What if u tare and milk keeps flowing out even after your done feeding? Should I go to the doctor?