no period, pregnancy symptoms, negative pregnancy tests - what's g...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

no period, pregnancy symptoms, negative pregnancy tests - what's going on?

Hi! I'm new here. But I need some input. My LMP was April 4th, 2006. DH and I started ttc that month. I haven't been tracking when I ovulate, but those times we were ttc, I had quite a bit of cm discharge, so I just assumed that I was ovulating or on my fertile days at those times. I began having sore breasts, probably around 3 weeks from my LMP, I also had a metallic taste in my mouth for about 3 days then it went away. I had gotten off birth control - I was using the nuvaring - last Decembr 2005, and my periods were still coming even after I stopped. So I had periods on January, Feb, March, and April. My cycle has changed a little bit - due to the termination of birth control use - but my cycle is still pretty much predictable, maybe just a little off by 2-3 days.

I was expecting a period by May 9th or 12th, instead I only had really light spotting - didn't use a pad because there was hardly any blood, only when I wiped with toilet paper. Then it was on and off and totally disappeared by the 16th. Breasts are still sore and a lot fuller, milk discharge when squeezed, I pee a lot more than usual, tired, backaches, a little bit of nausea every now and then but no vomiting. I have been pregnant before, my daughter is 2 now. I took an ept on the 13th and one again on the 16th, but they were both negative. I took another ept on the 21st, still negative. My abdominal area is bloated, and symptoms are still present. I went to my OB-GYN on the 31st of May, took a urine test, and it came back negative. Anybody with the same thing happened to them? I'm really confused and sad.
I'm on the same boat as you i'm 8 day's late know took 3 test they cm back -. But that's what happened with my daughter also so i really don't rely much on home test. I went to a clinic where they told me that i would have a miscarrage (miscarriage) was so sad and cried. But when i went to the obgyn i was 12 weeks. They said that it probably happened because i did not have enough (HCG) present. But let's see what happens good luck to u....
hey thanks gigi02 for the comment. I know it's really hard when your body is telling you one thing, but the tests don't show it. My doctor thinks that I might have just not ovulated on that cycle, and he said that I should just wait out and see if it corrects itself by the next cycle. With my first pregnancy, it wasn't planned at all. I was on birth control pills, missed a dose, and then got pregnant. I took an ept test a week after the missed period and it showed positive right away. This time around, it's been like a rollercoaster ride of emotions. It's hard. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Thanks for the support though, and goodluck to you as well.
I'm only 16 1/2 yrs old. I have a good future ahead of me but I've ALWAYS wanted to be a mommy. So since Dec 24th 2007, I've been on && off with this boy && we've been sexually active. My periods have been acting crazy since like 3yrs ago i started taking a Depo shot for birth control but it messed my period up so I stopped taking it. I started on the pills so my period could regulate but it was hard to keep up with the time I was suppose to take it. So me and my "friend" have been messing around without protection and I'm having ALL KINDS of pregnancy symptoms like feeling nauseated but never vomitting, nipples being sore, fatigue, and lower stomach pains. So I've been to my school nurse to take a two pregnancy test they both came back negative then I took one at Walmart && it was negative. Could I still be pregnant!!!???

Anxious but Confused