Women's Health Community
no period in 3 months, want to get pregnant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

no period in 3 months, want to get pregnant

i haven't had my period since december 5, 2005. i had one light spot in the begining of january. since then, nothing. not even cramps or breast tenderness. i don't think i am pregnant, since i have no symptoms. also, in feb, my doc thought i might have a cyst, so they did an ultrasound, but found nothing.
my husband and i want to get pregnant, but i want to make sure everything is okay. i am going to my obgyn today, and i want to know if there are any certain questions i should ask her. i hope this won't mess up our plans of having a baby soon.
any suggestions would be really appriciated...are there certain things i shouls ask my doctor today?

thanks!
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
How old are you? Are you overweight or underweight? Did you recently gain or lose weight? Do you have any other children?
Blank
i'm 21, and i'm probably about 10-15 lbs overweight for my height. i've had 2 miscarriages before. that's why i'm scared about my fertility...
Blank
oh, and i may have lost about 5 lbs in the last 2 months...not a lot...
Blank
I am 21 also, my husband and I decided to TTC in Aug 05.  Once I stopped the BCP I did not have a period so in Dec 05 I was prescribed provera and then again in Jan 06 when I didnt have a period...I am now 9 weeks pregnant.  So if the OB/GYN says everything is fine then I would ask about provera.  Keep us posted. Best of luck.
Blank
thank you so much for the information. my appnt. had to be cancelled, but i'm going back tomorrow...i'll ask about provera, that sounds like what i need.
thanks again!
Blank
i have not had a period since jan im really getting concered. maybe someone could tell me what could be wrong. ive took 3 pregnancy tests and they all were negative. i have a 2 year old son. i sometimes have symptoms of being pregnant but im not. i have been to the doctor and all the tests came back normal and not pregnant. i would like to know what could be wrong.
Blank
ok my email didn't show up lol ok.. it's my user name over there <-- @ hot mail . com
Blank
i have the same problem.I'm 24 years old and slightly overweight. I have always been chubby due to my thyroid. I'm taking pills for my thyroid. i was on BC for about 2 - 2 1/2 years then i stopped.  for that last year that i was on BC, i was getting my period less and less. If i did get it, it would be really light. then I just didn't get it anymore. After I stopped BC, I had been 3-4 months without a period. I started to take folic acid like my doctor said because we have wanted to get preggy. While taking folic acid i was not getting my periods as ofter. I would get it one month for about 4-5 days, then the following 2 months I didn't have a period. I had some cramping and slightly sick in the am, I had taken a pregnancy test and they were all negative. Just recently my period was comming on or around the same time for about 3 months. Last month i didn't have one [june] but i did in july. Should I schedual a complete physical @ my doctors? Should my hubby get checked @ a doctor too? We have been trying on and off for almost a year. I really hope nothing serious is wrong with me because we badly want to have our first baby. Any info/advice would be great - anyone can email me directly @ ***@****. THANKS!!!!!!
Blank
i have kinda the same problem except i got off depo a year ago n now i have periods every other week..i really want to get pregnant i dont know what i should do about it..will my periods eventually go back to normal> Is there still a possibillity i could get pregnant or no chance with having that many periods?
Blank
I am also facing the Same Problem, i am not getting the Period from 3 Months, not i am preganant i had tested 2 time, but it comes Negative.

Give me solutions for this & also let me know wt to do know?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...