no sex drive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

no sex drive

I had a full hysterectomy, now I have no sex drive. My doctor gave me Estratest to take to see if it would help. I found a product called Fematril for increased sex drive. Is it ok to take them together or should I stop taking the Estratest?
The trouble with taking two drugs at the same time, is that it is difficult to tell which one is working.  

If you've been on the Estratest for a couple of months without result, it probably won't hurt to add the Fematril and see if there is any benefit.  I poked around for a few minutes to see what's in Fematril--seems it is an herbal remedy with several different ingredients.  I'm leary of multi-herbal remedies because so many are not well studied and you never quite know what you are getting into.  
Might be good to let your doctor know if you aren't seeing much result from the Estratest.  

There is also a fantastic website where you might find support and info from others going through the same thing:

http://go.to/hystersisters

if that doesn't work, try:

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/mainpage.php

good luck to you.
I also totally lost my sex drive after my hysterectomy 16 yrs ago. I was 26 at the tim, no HRT, and let me tell you, I have treid everything to get that feeling back and nothing has workied.  Hubby had an affair, he cant deal with it.  If you find something that works I sure would lkie to know about it.
Hi.  my question is that i am 40 yrs. old and am married with two boys.  My husband likes to have sex atleast once or twice a week and i could live without sex if i had too.  I dont have a big sex drive and i feel bad for my husband because we only have sex maybe once or twice a month.  Now the big problem is that when we do have sex i can not have a long foreplay.  If he touches my nipples, im done.  So we avoid the upper section and i am the person touching him before the intercourse.  now during the intercourse we make sure that he has the orgasm first because once again if i have it first then i dont want to continue.  I realy like to know what is wrong with me.  why are my breasts so sensitive and is there anyway i could continue sex after the first orgasm.  please help me this is causing some distance between me and him and we have talked about it many times but i can not control the way my body is.  thank you
im 26 and i have no sex drive been married for going on 6 years and my husband has to start everying and im afried it is going to mess up my marriage if i dont get some help. so if any one knows how to fix this let me know