non-stop menstrual bleeding, what should i do?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

i have had my menstrual cycle for the last 6 months non-stop, i have been to doctor after doctor and they have put me on every type of birth control, thyroid medication and even anti-deperssants and water pills and none of it ever helps, i have a very heavy flow and so being 16 it has an impact on things such as school and even my rehersal for plays and musicals, i don't know what is wrong with me and it is soooooo frustrating. i just want to know what is wrong with me, my suspicions as to what it is is a brain tumor because i have constant non-stop headaches which my not be connected, but i saw this girl on tv who had the same symptoms and ended up having a brain tumor, i want to know what is wrong with me but my mom doesnt have insurance for me sio i cant go to the doctor anymore, what should i do?
if you are in massachusetts there is mass health that im sure you aligible for...if you are in another state im sure there is some type of free health care you or your family might be eligble for....i have seen these symptoms and brian tumor connection on the tv show HOUSE.....get back to a dr asap...sorry i have no other suggestions...hope all get well and good luck
hey hope you will be ok and at just 16 you have to go through all of that
no, i am not sexually active, its kinda hard to have a sex life the way that i am. and yes it is a really hard thing to put up with, when i tell other 16 year olds they flip out and think there is something super wrong with me like im gonna go crazy on them or something, ythey don't understand and that is the hardest thing
yeah i guess you are right, i should do a little more research and figure out if there is a free clinic or something bc i cant stand it and evryday i get more terrrified that it is something serious. i love the show house but i havent seen that episode, the show i was referring to was the high school stories one tha is on we tv
My wife of nine years has had the exact same issues as most on this blog. She will bleed extremely heave for 6 to 9 months non stop. Every Doctor/ gynecologist she has seen has no Idea why. All the tests always come back negative. They keep running test after test and can’t fine out why. She did have a fibroid but after it was removed the bleeding continued. She also had endometrioses and still after the surgery the bleeding still continued.  She will bleed non stop for months and months then when it does stop she wont bleed for almost a year then it come back non stop. I read on a blog to try CHATEBERRY (VITEX) EXTRACT. I went to the vitamin store and got her the chateberry extract. After 10 day it stopped. She took one pill three times a day… After about a week she started having cramps, so I am assuming the Chateberry started to regular her so she was having a normal period. After another five day the bleeding stopped.  If you are having this same problem it is worth a try. We saw many Doctors and tried everything under the sun and this is the only thing that seemed to work. Good luck and I hope this helps.

P.S. Do not let them give you the Depo shot. She became very depress gained 30 pounds that she can not loss and it did not stop the bleeding.