nothing like it...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

nothing like it...

in the past couple days i have had irritation, and occasionally a burning feeling in my vagina. Yesterday i noticed that i had a white bump on each side of my vagina inside the lips. Well, today i got a closer look at it, because i noticed that when i would urinate, it would burn HORRIBLY, not WHILE i was urinating though, just if it made contact with a certain spot. So, as i took a closer look today, i noticed that around and almost completely inside the vaginal opening, i had many white bumps. They are not necessarily in clusters, but there is quite a few. Also, i notice i have more discharge than usual. it does not look or smell any different, there is just more. They itch horribly, and i showed my mom and she said they even looked swollen because i'd been trying to scratch them all day. Sitting down and standing up hurts, because my underwear rub against them.
I had a yeast infection in about february, and it burned and itched like crazy, but it looked and felt nothing like this.
I am 17, have been on birth control for 3+ months, and have stopped using condoms since because of it. I have not had an extreme amount of sex lately.
Any ideas as to what it could be???
It looks like infection of the vagian casuing folliculitis but if you are sexually active then herpes, molluscum  and genital warts need to be ruled out. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.