Aa
A
A
Close
novasure procedure and menopause
I had the Novasure procedure in 2012 so it's been over three years ago.  Everything went well and I haven't had a period since.  The last time I saw my doctor he said that I wasn't in menopause yet.  I haven't had any hot flashes or night sweats to speak of.  I was just wondering could I be in Menopause and not know it.  They say if you go w/o a period for a year then you are past menopause.  I am just curious,
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You haven't had a period in over a year due to the novasure. For a woman who did not have a novasure and hasn't had a period in over a year, they could consider the possibility of menopause because it happened naturally. But in your case, the novasure is what caused you to not have a period and that's not the same thing.

You didn't provide your age but I tthink that if you really want to know about your menopausal status then you need to go see your gyn for blood tests. I'm pretty sure that you'd be having some kind of symptoms from it if it was happening to you. But if you really need to know, go see your gyn and get some tests done.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Women's Health Community Resources
Top Women's Health Answerers